8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
Moved to Garage so that more people can appreciate the thread.
Truflip: I didn't know that you were an F1 afficianado. Post up in the other F1 thread.

BTW, RB looks good. It will be interesting to see how the cars will perform with the larger front wings and smaller rear wings. At least all the tacky add on winglets and spoilers have been banned.

·
Banned
759 Posts
Moved to Garage so that more people can appreciate the thread.
Truflip: I didn't know that you were an F1 afficianado. Post up in the other F1 thread.

BTW, RB looks good. It will be interesting to see how the cars will perform with the larger front wings and smaller rear wings. At least all the tacky add on winglets and spoilers have been banned.
If the FIA wanted to slow the cars a bunch, they failed. From Bahrain testing. Fasted laps

2009...Timo Glock, Toyota 1:33.501
2008...Felipe Massa, Ferrari 1:31.420.(pole lap)

2 seconds isn't much IMO. The addition of slicks seem to have made up a lot of the loss due to the new aero rules. I can't wait for the first round!!!

·
VIP Member
12,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Maybe this year.. with the new rules, updated cars, slicks (yikes!) and this thing called KERS, we might see a little bit more of this, which = excitement!

Can you says BALLS!?!?!

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
wow F1 pushing the limits again. I want to know more about that KERS thing. The fact it gives the drivers the ability to increase horsepower for a few seconds is amazing.

KERS, or Kinetic Energy Recovery System, is a way of storing a car's kinetic energy, either in a flywheel or battery/supercapacitator. The capacity is 60kw or about 81 hp. It will give a quick burst of power, necessary for passing in F1. The idea is that it will encourage passing while helping to advance technology that could ultimately be utilized in passenger cars FIA boss Max Mosely wants F1 to be seen as an environmentally friendly racing series.

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
Arguably the greatest battle ever. Another of my favorites was Senna's first lap at Donnington Park in 93.
I became a Honda nut from F1 in the late 80's. The sound they made was addicting.
Hey, I got you guys beat. I remember watching Jim Clark and Graham Hill running their Lotus 49's in 1967! One of my all time favorite victories was to see my hero, Dan Gurney, win at Spa in the absolutely gorgeous Eagle Weslake V12 in 1967. And yes, Senna was other worldly. Those McLaren Hondas that Senna and Prost drove were awesome machines.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.