8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to go with 17x7.5" wheels. Also looking to drop the car down for looks but don't want to run into bottoming out issues. How much of a drop and what springs would you guys recommend. Sorry for the noob questions but I come from Mustangs and this will be a commuter.

Thanks guys :thumb:

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
it cool that someone coming from mustangs has a civic:thumb: but how low are you thinking? i have the sportlines and i love em...and its not "to low"

·
Registered
26,621 Posts
projectprelude said:
it cool that someone coming from mustangs has a civic:thumb: but how low are you thinking? i have the sportlines and i love em...and its not "to low"
Sportlines are low dude i scrape alot depending on what i am driving in 2 you cant even use a regular jack to jack the car up you need a low profile jack.They are def low IMO but the perfect drop they take away almost every spec of fender gap. The handling increase is great and they ride smooth unless your hitting bumps and pot holes i def recommend them to you.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I like a clean stance...no tuck, no 4x4. I know coilovers yield the best results in getting the perfect stance for an individual's tastes, but I commute 160 miles a day and won't want to deal with a bouncy ride of an improperly set up coilover. Car will be white, wheels will be a ROTA wheel in Sport Bronze. Anyone run H&Rs?

Some pics of my other toys.

·
Registered
6,272 Posts
Sorry for the thread jack.

Ive been thinking about getting Sport Lines for my FA1. I have a few questions though. First off, how much will it actually lower my car? Eibach claims 1.4" F/R. Also, will i need a camber kit with these?

Thanks for any responses. ^^

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
sk33ny said:
Sorry for the thread jack.

Ive been thinking about getting Sport Lines for my FA1. I have a few questions though. First off, how much will it actually lower my car? Eibach claims 1.4" F/R. Also, will i need a camber kit with these?

Thanks for any responses. ^^
It should drop around 1.4 inches it almost weighs the same as a FG2.

And yes you should get a camber to have the full potential of your car's handling without other mods.

Most importantly an alignment is a must when you adjust your suspension.

·
Banned
2,384 Posts
If you want a PERFECT level drop.. Get Progress.... All I have had is complements on my drop. 1.4 FT 1.3 BK

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Nice...I was a bit worried the Pro Kit might not be low enough. I have the Pro Kit springs on my Mustang and there is a tad too much gap.

Are those 18s? Anyone have pics of a drop on stock 17s? List the springs you are using too.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts