8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What plugs do the Si come with from factory? Im assuming a NGK but what exact plug? Id like to order some soon. To be more clear, its a 2009 Civic Si k20. Im sure all K's run the same plug.

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
Probably posted a million times, but the search function doesn't work for me.

What're the added benefits on using a "better" spark plug?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hondas are VERY iffy on electrical. They are also very hard on electrical because of vtec. From working with them for so long, ive learned the oem plugs and distributors work the best. Anything else will just cause you issues. However changing your oem plug heat numbers will help if modded. If its stock still, run the recommended plug that Dar-Dar posted.

And thanks for the info Dar-Dar. I was going to check the manual but i honestly figured it wouldnt give you a specific plug number to order.

·
Premium Member
2,030 Posts
From my understanding, The 8th gen Si's came with Denso Irdium long life plugs from the factory!

Lite 2.0
CC r1998
Engine K20Z3
Gap 0.044

I believe denso part # SK22PR-M11S(stock # 3419)

Same plug but not the long life variant: IK22G(stock # 5348)

·
Registered
124 Posts
I was going to get the NGK but Amazon has the Denso for half the price less than $5 each!

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002FOF1L2[/ame]

any reason not to go with the Denso?

-avi

·
Registered
306 Posts
You can also use NGK BKR7EIX-11, which has relatively shorter lifespan than the IFR7G-11KS, but significantly cheaper.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
The stock plugs are around $10 each, you only need 4 of them, and they have a 100,000 mile service life. I'm not seeing a reason to use cheaper plugs, since you'll probably only replace them once while you own the car, unless you drive a ridiculous amount of miles annually.

·
Registered
1 Posts
just swapped mine out - 2008 si sedan w/ 127k - had original denso plugs - replaced with NGK Iridiums from advanceauto - used 25% off coupon so total cost with tax was around $43 - driven about 40 miles with new plugs - happy as can be so far - vtec is pulling strong/like new

1 - 16 of 16 Posts