8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 Honda Civic Hybrid, bought it bone stock and looking to drop the height. Not looking to drop it on bags but to give it a good low height. So looking for some help/advice on what would be best to go on from here.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Do you have a budget in mind for this? No matter what coilovers you get you will probably need a set of rear camber arms and front camber bolts to deal with the camber change, and those are mostly a fixed cost, but you can spend a pretty variable amount of money on the coilovers depending on your budget.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The budget would probably be under $1000 and relatively close to 700. And not really tryna camber it just yet, mostly just drop the high. Cause don’t wanna get wheels while it’s still riding at stock height

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you have a budget in mind for this? No matter what coilovers you get you will probably need a set of rear camber arms and front camber bolts to deal with the camber change, and those are mostly a fixed cost, but you can spend a pretty variable amount of money on the coilovers depending on your budget.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Take a look at the Godspeed Mono series of coilovers. There is a really comprehensive thread about those coilovers on this forum, and they are one of the few sub-$1000 coilovers worth getting. DO NOT BUY RACELANDS. Before you buy anything though, do some research on if the hybrid uses the same mounting points and whatnot for the suspension as the Si model does. I'm not really sure myself and I'd hate for you to buy something that won't fit your car.

And regarding the camber, I just mentioned that because lowering your car will naturally induce some negative camber. In theory it shouldn't be too big of a deal, especially if you are still using the stock wheels, but it's just nice to have the adjustability of camber arms and bolts if you want to remove the negative camber or you are just generally having fitment issues. Again, totally not 100% needed, but certainly something to consider. You can pick up a set of rear camber arms for $150, just for reference.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Consider the HFP kit. It drops the car about an inch. OEM Honda quality. It should suit your needs perfectly :)

eBay item #263359557324 for $525

If someone buys it before you, there's eBay item #110711082655 for about $700

1 - 10 of 10 Posts