8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm almost done tuning with Vit - SRI, alpha header, Q300 exhaust. what sort gains do you think I would see with a 3.5" intake, 70mm TB, spacer, IM port match and gasket, with bigger injectors? I was hoping 230whp. I plan to end my mods at that point until i can afford to supercharge.:vtec:

·
Registered
675 Posts
did vit send you those graphs ? i have been tuning with him havent seen any of that . and i have more mods . what the deal? i have been waiting on this for a while . is it a good ole boy thing ?

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
this is a vit tune, but like i said it is not finished. this is the first graph i have received from him. thanks for your response regarding the question...

·
Registered
11,617 Posts
to answer your question yes. here is my before and after 3.5 intake and 70 mm TB and manifold

Old is the thinner line
Current is thicker line

·
Registered
203 Posts
Wait so Vit gives an e-dyno graph to the people he's tuning? I'm on revision 3 or so and haven't received anything yet. How many revisions does it normally take (I.e. how many for you guys).

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
this was about 12 revisions in, which is why i said i think I'm almost done. if your patient i can assure you that Vit will take care of you.

·
Registered
11,617 Posts
nice, you sir are the man. i'm assuming your previous mods were similar to mine?
the thinner line has a injen cai stock tb stock mainfold kidd header full race exhaust.

the thicker line has HR 3.5 intake ZDX 70mm TB skunk2 manifold (70mm) same header and exhaust.

·
Registered
11,043 Posts
You will pick up power from the 3.5" intake. I'd suggest you go with hybrid racing or skunk2 and not rick spec anything. The short ram intake is robbing you of midrange and peak horsepower too.

You do not need the spacer at all, don't waste your money. You don't need the big throttle body either, that's just preference (it will change the way the throttle feels).

·
Registered
166 Posts
I picked up 13 horsepower on e dyno after going from k n sri to skunk 2 cai after vit told me sri was to restrictive

1 - 19 of 19 Posts