1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,908 Posts
Talk to the seller, try to resolve it there first
Then talk to paypal and dispute it

was it broken in the for sale thread pictures
:yeahthat:

Could've been broken during shipping. Happened to me. I shipped a greddy exhaust and it had dings in the canister which I knew about. But by the time it got to the seller the tip was all smashed up.

Ups banged it up.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nah it wasnt broken in the for sale thread, he listed it as "almost brand new" before I bought it and the listing was edited.

http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/parting-out/285854-mugen-spoiler-kicker-1000-1-amp-fs-ft.html

He said he was going to file a claim with UPS but I doubt UPS damaged the amplifier, when I asked the amp repair guys in my city, they said all the transistors were blown out, highly doubt that happens when you drop an amp, I paid $150 for it and all the repair guys are asking $200-260 just to repair it SMH.

·
Premium Member
2,030 Posts
Sucks, try to talk to seller, but if hes not going to work with you, let mods know and file claim with paypal... seems like from what the repair man told you, you can pretty much prove he sold it to you alredy broken, plus im sure the mods may be able to help you with either recovering thread b4 it was edited, or atleast proving it was edited...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Try resolving it with the seller first, if that doesnt go well i would get picture proof stating that the item was "almost brand new".. Mods can probably assist you or paypal..

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
:yeahthat:

Could've been broken during shipping. Happened to me. I shipped a greddy exhaust and it had dings in the canister which I knew about. But by the time it got to the seller the tip was all smashed up.

Ups banged it up.
really? dang, what did you do about it after the seller received it all smalled up?

and how we prevent such things from happening during shipment. *sorry for thread jacking*

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah I understand but theres no way 10 transistors and the power supply/capacitors can blow without me even seeing the power light come on, I've installed many sound systems and never had a problem.

and FYI, I sent the guy a PM like 3-4 days ago and no reply at all...shady bastard.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Contest it with pay pal I had to do the same when ADAMKROL decided to try to screw me.. I got my money back though.. if you contest it with paypal and the seller decideds to ignore that then paypal will pull the money from his account and credit you.. so that seams the best way to get your money back.. its a very fast process as well.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.