8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

Reasonable price for 07' SI

4K views 13 replies 12 participants last post by  kermitthefloer 
#1 · (Edited)
Reasonable price for 07' Si

Hi guys and gals, this is my first post and sorry if I break any rules! It seemed like a knowledgeable bunch around here so I thought I'd pick your brains and ask some advice. I've been doing a lot of searching recently and found an SI in my area, somewhat with in my price range(lower would always be better of course!)

Cars for Sale: Used 2007 Honda Civic in Si, Franklin TN: 37067 Details - Sedan - Autotrader

I have always wanted a SI for the longest time and I'm finally in a position to buy one used and make payments. So I've obviously got a couple questions and that's why I've come to yous guys. Thanks in advance by the way.

1. Is this an average/good price for this year with this many miles?? 115k is a lot of miles on a car and the asking price seems to high. I've found others and it does seem like people think they have the holy grail of cars and can ask whatever they want no matter how many miles and what condition these cars are in. I mean they're Honda but not indestructible!

2. What sort of maintenance can I expect to be looking at for the year and miles on her? I know of the tranny issues from this model and the paint but is there anything else I'll need to watch out for other than regular preventative stuff?

3. Any specific tatics I can hit the dealer with? I'll be using a check from my bank for the whole price, I feel like that's a favorable thing to come with. Also is there a haggle price that would make this a hell of a lot better deal I should try for?

4. What is the realistic life span I could expect from a 07'? I plan to drive it for as long as it will let me tbh. I am fine with keeping this thing bone stock and clean and kept up mechanical wise as long as I can. I absolutely love these car and want to keep it for as long as possible. Is 200k+ a crazy dream mileage to expect?

Thanks for any info and advice you can throw my way. I'm make sure to answer any questions you guys have from me asap! Sorry if my first post was sorta plebish, but I'm just so eager to join the Civic community! Again thanks, and I'll keep researching what I need to before I buy.:wavey:

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Haggling

Step 1: Go to the dealer and look at it. Offer a price that you're comfortable with, 8k is a good price. If they say no, go to step 2.

Step 2: Call the dealer 1 hour before close of business every day (ask to speak to the same salesman that showed you the car). Ask him if it's still available at your price. Often on rainy days the dealer wouldn't have made many sales that day anyway.

Maintenance:

You should check the clutch and make sure its not making any weird noises, rotors, frame rust, don't be afraid to ask them to put it on a lift so you can look at it; you're the one paying 8 grand or more. I'd say the clutch will be the biggest bugaboo, never know how hard someone rode it.

Edit: Hondas run forever, just keep it well maintained. 93 octane fuel, regular oil changes, fluid flushes, rotate tires, etc. Mines the '07 coupe, has about 70k on it, but I treat it like it has 0, and ill own it forever.

#3 ·
There are a lot of variables, including geographic. For example, I bought an '08 SI sedan on Friday with 90k miles on it for $10k. The going rate for them on SC/NC is typically $12k for under 100k miles. Now, I bought mine as a 3rd fun car so, literally, YMMV. I also have a '14 Camry SE and '07 Tacoma so I won't be driving the SI all the time but I sure will have fun with it.

Use sites like KBB and Edmunds to give you an idea on price.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.