8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey 8th,

i have a little bit of a conundrum. I bought a set of lightly used rims + rubber (Potenza RE01R 225/45/17 and Volk CE28N Ti 17x8 +38) and while ripping around town i keep rubbing. So i check the tires after i get out, and the fronts are mint, no rubbing at all. But the rear sidewalls rub ALOT *see pics* BTW: i'm using the OEM RSB planning on doing progress 22mm soon.

My Setup

Rears

Fronts

I was thinking that I'd just eat up the rubber while driving and put up with the rubbing until they wear down (shouldn't take long it has 50% meat left) But then i figured that I might actually be doing bad things to ma car :facepalm: by just letting them rub away everyday. I also have an auto-x event coming up June 19th, so that factors into my problem also.

I was planning to go back to Hankook Ventus V12 Evo 215/45/17 on all four corners, *hopefully that solves the rubbing*

Any ideas 8th? :corona:

·
garage queen
17,376 Posts
Just look where its rubbing, shouldn't be hard to spot where it has been- like missing paint. Most likely the lip under the rear quarter panel, either roll it, add more neg camber or get smaller tires.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
either roll it, add more neg camber or get smaller tires.
Hmm this reminds me, the guy i bought them from said he used -3 camber for these.

Now a couple of questions again: :facepalm:

1) Can i dial in -3 camber with the OEM adjusters?
2) Will this cause more Toe? <-eating up my tires faster?
3) My other option is to go back to 215/45/17 which should fit over a 17x8 right???

Thanks 8th, sorry about the noob questions

·
garage queen
17,376 Posts
1) I don't think there is any oem adjustment for the rears.
2) Any time you adjust camber/height, it effects toe.
3) Fits fine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts