8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So some douche bag rearended my SI last week while I was sitting at a stop light. Now there's a fist sized puncture in the rear bumper. I'm waiting for insurance to sort itself out so I don't pay the deductible, but it might take a while. Also the estimate I got says that the bumper won't be replaced, just patched up.

My concern is this - will water seeping into the hole cause rust in the long run, or do most body shops account for that somehow in the repairs?

In the meantime I'm thinking of just putting some duct tape over the hole.

Man, I hate Calgary drivers.

·
Premium Member
6,929 Posts
I think he's referring to any structural damage beyond the bumper.

If there's a fist sized hole, I would go to a different repair service to get another estimate. Patch up doesn't sound appropriate for that type of damage. If the bumper support was damaged they'd need to replace that as well, but I'm fairly certain that piece is aluminum, and aluminum doesn't rust. The only piece you'd be concerned about is the frame, depending on where they hit it. Got any pics?

·
Registered
7,214 Posts
Easily needs replacing. I got backed into he dented the side of my bumper but luckily didn't kill my Ti-C! To make a long story short it needed to get replaced.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts