8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put down all my windows, then a few minutes later, I tried put all my windows up. The front went up fine, but the rear windows would not. Neither the drivers controls nor the switch in each rear seat would work. The fuses were not blown and I find it odd that both windows would stop working at the same time. If anyone has any suggestions for what I should test on the car, or if you think you know what I will need to replace, let me know!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Check for power supply at motors of both the rear windows.

With the engine switched off, try raising the rear windows one by one and check if there is a dip in battery voltage. That will confirm the wiring and fuses are good. Then either the motors would've gone bad or the window winders/gliders need to be inspected.

Sent from my SM-A505F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Check for power supply at motors of both the rear windows.

With the engine switched off, try raising the rear windows one by one and check if there is a dip in battery voltage. That will confirm the wiring and fuses are good. Then either the motors would've gone bad or the window winders/gliders need to be inspected.

Sent from my SM-A505F using Tapatalk
I was able to take apart the door panel and used a battery to bring up the windows. So it definitely isn't the motors that are bad. I am planning on heading to a junkyard and finding a new master control unit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts