8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put 18s on about a month or so ago and I've noticed that the rear wheels lean inward toward top and outward toward the bottom (wheels are not straight up and down). What is causing this and is it ok? Won't it cause the tread to wear even? Any solutions to the problem if there is one?

·
Registered
4,442 Posts
You my friend are sufferering of a Negative camber syndrome. The tires will not wear out evenly because your rear tires are not making full contact with the ground. A camber kit is the solution to your problem. Plenty of sponsors in here that can hook you up with a pair for less than $300.00 :coffee:

·
Registered
929 Posts
Whoa... a little bit of negative camber is normal and actually helps your car grip better and maintain better tire wear because the tire will be flat when the car leans in the turns. If you haven't lowered it it's probably fine, if you have, just make sure you have an alignment done afterward.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Whoa... a little bit of negative camber is normal and actually helps your car grip better and maintain better tire wear because the tire will be flat when the car leans in the turns. If you haven't lowered it it's probably fine, if you have, just make sure you have an alignment done afterward.
i thought the whole point of negative camber was to induce over steering, makes sense since our cars are front drive an tend to have heavy under steering. all in all negative camber makes you take turns better, by helping induce some over steering

1 - 7 of 7 Posts