8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hot on the heels of my front speaker install guide, I give you my rear speaker install guide. Enjoy.

As before, I want to point out a couple of things.

1. I only tell you how to get up to the point of adding the speakers. Since each speaker brand is different in how they are installed, and since most come with an install guide, I felt this was an adequate stopping point.

2. I don't give a detailed walkthough on how to re-assemble your car. Its like when you go visit a friend for the first time - they give you a map on how to get there but not a map out. The car reassembles exactly backwards to how it was put together. If there are enough questions about reassembly, I'll add it, but for now, I'm leaving it out.

Rear Speaker Install Guide

·
Registered
445 Posts
hey bolewis,
Very well detailed. It will be very helpful for the do it yourself guys and gals who wants to up grade the rear speakers. I bet the the Inifinity speakers sounds great. A whole lot better than the stock. Once all said and done. Will you post the model numbers of the speakers you used on your car. Others will probably follow due to the simple straight foward installation. Did you have to remove the connctors and splice on the connctors that can with the speakers? Keep up the good work.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
acetech808 said:
I bet the the Inifinity speakers sounds great. A whole lot better than the stock. Once all said and done. Will you post the model numbers of the speakers you used on your car. Others will probably follow due to the simple straight foward installation. Did you have to remove the connctors and splice on the connctors that can with the speakers? Keep up the good work.
The Infinity speakers I purchased are the REF6010CS, 6-1/2" two-way component system. These provide a significant improvement over the stock stereo system. While these are not as sensitive (think loud) as the stock speakers, the clarity and precision more than make up for it; I just had to turn the system up a few notches.

The space in the front doors for the Infinity speakers I used is quite volumous and probably any 6-1/2" speaker would fit there. The rear deck is an entirely different story. I purchased the Alpine SPS-170A, 6-1/2" Type-S Series Coaxial 2-Way Speaker. Unfortnately in the rear deck, the trunk tension rod run underneath the speaker housing on the driver side, making speaker installation difficult. So far I have only installed the passenger side speaker (since there is more room) since I have not taken the time to build a lifter for the speaker. On the bright side, there is a fair amount of room between the metal in the rear and the rear panel so I should be able to lift the speakers to an adequate level without creating too many problems.

As to the wire attachment, just go to your local mobile electronics shop (I shop Best Buy since I used to work in the install bay there) and ask for the standard Honda speaker harness. They run about $7 for 2.

·
Registered
445 Posts
brolewis,
Thanks for the update on the installation. Will start to shop around for speakers. Can't wait for the car to arrive.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts