8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So trying to remove the rear shock. The 14mm nut, above the upper mount is stubborn & I stripped the the 5mm hex. How could I remove the 14mm nut with the 5mm hex part stripped?

I've considered using a grinder and cutting the nut, but as a last resort...

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
As you have quite a length of free thread above the stuck nut, install 2 new nuts close to the top of the bolt and tighten them against each other. Then place a ring spanner on the top nut and use it as a bolt head to undo the bottom stuck nut.

·
Registered
60 Posts
So trying to remove the rear shock. The 14mm nut, above the upper mount is stubborn & I stripped the the 5mm hex. How could I remove the 14mm nut with the 5mm hex part stripped?

I've considered using a grinder and cutting the nut, but as a last resort...

Use a impact air gun or electric. Something really fast and maybe put weight on it. When removing my front coil overs the knob adjuster got stuck inside where the heck would go. I know there's no room but maybe find a hike above it to reach with an extension. If not maybe just cut abit so you have another clean hex or hammer in a hex socket but a good hex not harbor freight cause those shits are the same as a good snap on or Matco

1 - 5 of 5 Posts