8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2008 EX Coupe M/T - Atomic Blue (the fastest color)

This is driving me nuts. I thought I had it figured out, but NOT!

Low speeds - rear passenger side something in rattling in the interior. It's not the seatbelt or anything in the trunk (I took everything out, including the spare and tools to test). It's not the rear strut - had that replaced at dealer expense because it was popping at one time - very loud. I put the car on a lift and can't find a damn thing loose in the rear of the car. I've had someone sit in the back seat listening, and it sounds like it's somewhere near the wheel well or in the lower pillar section. Sorry I can't be more precise, but does anyone have some pointers on things I could look for?

Oh, I checked everything having to do with the speaker deck / woofer - nothing is even close to being loose.

Thanks ahead of time.

·
Registered
428 Posts
i hear the exact same rattle that you do. i drove with no music just to listen and found something on passenger side rattling and my dash rattles as well (if u push on the center of the dash under the buttons it goes away) but as for the passenger rear one i cant find it either. i have an 08 coupe M/T as well lol.

check your shirt hook, i remember my driver one broke and was smacking up and down.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
I have the same issue but it's on the drivers side. I've had a metal on metal fixed where the metal bars in my trunk were hitting the lift bars or whatever they are actually called. I'm not sure if it's in the rear though. It seems to be right above my seat belt area and it rattles any time I close the door and when I'm driving. Needless to say, it's going in for repair during the spring when I get my front lip re-applied correctly. Only issue I'm running into is it never seems to happen the day I go to the dealership but it always begins on my way home.

Dang it!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok, I see the panel, but I don't know how to get it off. Does it pop out? I'm afraid of breaking the clips or whatever holds it on. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I'm sure you guys are right - it does sound like something in that airbag slot in the pillar is banging around.

Thanks!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Has anyone found the rear seat latch rattling? Mine rattles like crazy. When I put my hand on the rear seat it stops. Its coming from the rear passenger side. I haven't look, does our cars have 2 latches (one on each side) or just 1 (center) for the rear seat? I'll look tomorrow if no one knows off hand.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I had the same problem on my 09 2dr. After four trips to the dealer it ended up being the rear license plate. Since the bottom of the plate does not bolt down it was vibrating. The vibration was causing the rattling sound in the passenger side rear speaker area. The dealer put a small bend in the bottom of the license plate so there is no contact with the trunk and the rattle is gone.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
i got the rattle in my 08 coupe....but mine is on the driver side....but mine decides when it wants to come an go....its drivin me crazy...glad to c im not the only one..!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
2007 Civic sedan rattling in the rear

I found the cause of the rattling coming from the rear to be the high mount third stop light assembly. The light bulb housing is not held firmly and rattles. I wedged plastic in between the gaps and the noise went away.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.