8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my rear driver wheel is not moving while im reversing but if i move forward it moves just fine. It and its just the rear driver wheel the rear passenger wheel moves just fine. Anybody here know whats wrong with it? I just used it 2 days ago and everything works fine then

·
Registered
89 Posts
What trim level is it? If it has drum brakes its probably the shoe is worn out and has gotten dislodged. It might only get caught when going it reverse.

I would take the drum off and see what going on or just bring it to a shop.

·
Registered
126 Posts
It can happen even with the disk brakes if the pads are not seated properly or worked themselves loose because of faulty calipers or even a stuck brake piston.

And in very rare cases a damaged wheel bearing may also create a similar problem.

Sent from my SM-A505F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Its a DX model. I will look at the brakes tonight and update here whats the causing the issue. Thanks.

·
Registered
16 Posts
That might be due to too much clearance between drum and brake shoes. Try swapping out the rear brake drums (i.e. left to right, right to left). This can be a temporary fix while in the process of procuring new brake shoes or brake drum.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts