8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First cold snap in New England. Bought my Si in may. Rear defogger not working at all. Had a couple of G's of new audio put in after I bought it. Anybody know off the top of their head if there could be a connection between the new audio (rear speakers are new and stock subwoofer disconnected) and the rear defogger? Maybe power to the defogger is bundled in the wiring harness back there and somehow it's now not hooked up?

·
Premium Member
221,966 Posts
First cold snap in New England. Bought my Si in may. Rear defogger not working at all. Had a couple of G's of new audio put in after I bought it. Anybody know off the top of their head if there could be a connection between the new audio (rear speakers are new and stock subwoofer disconnected) and the rear defogger? Maybe power to the defogger is bundled in the wiring harness back there and somehow it's now not hooked up?
mine take like 10 mins to work...............

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It indication light on the button was on twice for ~15 min (normal according to the manual) on my way home from work yesterday morning, but the elements aren't heating at all.

·
Registered
858 Posts
mine takes a while also 2 defrost i havent done anything 2 cause this. my friendz nissan sentra works right when he starts his car so im on the same page as u

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
take a multimeter and test for continuity across each line of the defroster, and the defroster in general. my guess would be that you've got a broken connection, potentially damaged while playing with the rear trim

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.