8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed tein lowering springs and added the rear SPC camber kit. i went this morning to get my car aligned and the rear driver side camber was adjusted to 1.8 degree negative camber but the passenger side camber wouldn't move. it just stayed at a -3.7 degree camber. i noticed that when i did the install the main bolt that goes in between the bracket and the control arm were facing two different ways. The driver side had the bottom of the bolt next to the spring while on the passenger side had the bottom of the bolt away from the spring. Does having that bolt facing a certain way make a difference? Or do i just happen to have a bad set of SPC Camber kit?

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
chances are you installed the mounting bracket for the camber arm backwards. unbolt it and flip is around. i did the same thing when installing mine.

the way the bolt is facing doesnt matter, but the way the bracket is facing does.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
chances are you installed the mounting bracket for the camber arm backwards. unbolt it and flip is around. i did the same thing when installing mine.

the way the bolt is facing doesnt matter, but the way the bracket is facing does.
so your saying to flip the bracket around and it will adjust to positive camber? ok i'll try that.

·
Registered
13,283 Posts
The SS and Basic have damping rates and spring rates that don't match. That is only going to give the car poor handling and poor ride quality. The damper is the most expensive part of the suspension and the most improtant for ride and handling. The easiest way to get the cost of a coilover down, is to put a cheap damper in it. Thats how the basic cost 900 and the SS cost 1200. When koni sports come out, they will cost 600-700 for a set of four and thats just the damper, no spring, no threaded body.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.