8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
spc is a PITA to install but easy to adjust. costs about $230-250

skunk2 is easy to install but the tire must be removed to adjust. costs about $180 shipped

also, SPC is much heavier (about 5 times as heavy as skunk2), to some of you weight consious people may want the skunk2.

the choice is up to you.

EDIT: just checked skunk2 prices....they are much higher than they used to be. same as SPC now.....

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
wow..i just checked and tehy jacked up their prices (i got mine for $180 a few months ago, but sold it for a SPC kit). well i guess since both kits cost theh same now, you mind as well go with teh SPC, definatly a better product.

·
Banned
49,418 Posts
I bought teh Skunk2...got it for175. It's easier to install but harder to adjust

you get 6 of 1 and 1/2 dozen of the other on this mod

·
Registered
319 Posts
No camber bolts in the back . . . only camber arms. (bolts on the front for the struts, arms in the back for the multilink)

I have the SPCs. I wonder if the cam-lock configuration on them is easier to get knocked out of adjustment than the set screws on the Skunks?

·
Registered
319 Posts
Nah not if done properly...Look our rear toe is adjusted the same way..:D
I see that now . . . that's easier than I thought. They had a lot of trouble with my car at the alignment shop (seems a common problem in my area) . . . I think I'm going to build a home brew smart string system soon so I can roll my own alignments.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts