8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
eh...it might work. but if it was that simple, some one probobly would have done it already.

it only costs a few dollars, give it a try and report back.
EDIT: nevermind it wont work. the position (vertical) of that camber arm allows the washer to push the entire thing out. the bracket/mounting location for the fg camber arm is horizontal, and will not work with the same concept.

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
8yourv8 said:
:police: dont do it. the ingalles camber bolts are case hardend so they are alot stronger than just regular industrial bolts. not safe at all
ingalls bolts? this thread is about rear camber, not front.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
alright i decided not to do it for the safety of my car i just bought a camber kit for 185 shipped. thankssss

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
wow...triple post huh?
you seem afully confused with this topic.

i have no idea what your refering to.
Ok, finally got the rear camber in my car fixed
taken from the website.

-front of fg/fa uses ingalls bolts to adjust
-rear of fg/fa uses camber arms to adjust. ingalls made the camber arms in that link, but not for our car. only skunk2,spc,comptech make rear camber arms.
-the idea of that link would work if the mouting bracket for the fg/fa was vertical to the ground (the washer would push the entire camber arm out more, creating posotive camber). since out camber arm mounting bracket is horizontal to the ground, the washer method will simply push the mouting spot of the camber arm down further, therefore creating worse negative camber.
if you ever install a rear camber kit on a fg/fa you will understand this more.

·
Registered
702 Posts
kaytipie posted the link asking if she can use regular industial bolts and i said no because they are not the same as the ingalls

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
8yourv8 said:
kaytipie posted the link asking if she can use regular industial bolts and i said no because they are not the same as the ingalls
the regular industrial bolt she was thinking about using would have been used in the rear of the car. the ingalls FRONT camber bolts serve a completetly different pupose than what she would have been doing...ingalls camber bolt comparison is irrelevent.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.