8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, does anyone have any idea how much an OEM rear bumper for an 06 sedan civic is going to cost? someone backed into my car last night and need an approx quote. Shops aren't on sunday...:(

·
Registered
720 Posts
You did not list which model so I'm just going to assume ex.

Bumper~$300
Labor~5hrs+/- so, $400+/-

It'll cost you about $700 maybe more maybe less, it just depends on how they work. Most of the cost comes from them blending other body panels to make the paint match. Some body shops just paint and then tint it to try and get it as close to possible.

·
Wegue Wegue
12,785 Posts
Hey, does anyone have any idea how much an OEM rear bumper for an 06 sedan civic is going to cost? someone backed into my car last night and need an approx quote. Shops aren't on sunday...:(
Shops aren't on Sunday? OEM is always over priced. Depending on the shop you go to, you'll pay $200ish for paint, $150 - $350 for a new bumper,and a few bucks for install/prep/misc. $400 - $700cdn you're looking at.

Post pics of the damage.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
yeah, the ones that ive been going to are closed on sunday. its got major paint lost on the left corner, and the bumper alignment is slightly crookit now. so the right corner pushes out a bit. pictures won't do the damage justice :( The kid that backed into my car has NO insurance...so iunno if that even a good thing anymore.

and thanks for the rough estimates, so far it looks around 700, i checked the price for a bumper at college hill honda just for reference as well, and it msrp for 300 as well

·
Scrodums
9,486 Posts
How long ago did the accident happen and were you able to retrieve any details of the person who hit you? I would start by logging a police report as soon as possible to have a record of it. The ball is in your court because the kid who hit you didn't have insurance. I would force him to pay for MSRP from a local Honda dealer on the parts and pick a good body shop. I wouldn't be settling for anything less considering you were the one who got hit by him.

·
Scrodums
9,486 Posts
Yeah.

Purchasing from a US vendor is only worth it if you buy multiple items or if the difference is that significant. Although the bumper is priced at only $200 on the website, you will have to pay an oversized shipping charge of $85 on top of the standard shipping rate. Factor in duties, gas, and holding fees by the parcel in the states and you're only saving $100. Among many things, I recently ordered a bumper from HondaPartsDeals.com (one of the few vendors that will actually ship a bumper), so the information I am providing is pretty accurate... I remember inquiring with CHH a long time ago and they do not ship bumpers.

·
They Call me Kobe!
11,510 Posts
If the kid is driving without insurance, you can screw him over. did you at least get his info so you can call him back. Make him pay for the damages. By your description, it just looks like your bumper needs to be reinstalled and maybe a paint job. Getting it from college hills, you're going to need to ship it to Canada anyways which may add up to the cost of just getting it at a local dealer imo.

Btw, sent you a PM for more info.

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
it actually isnt too bad of an idea to get it from the states, if u drive over the border.. there is this one place .. i cant rmbr the name but its also a honda dealership that will price match collegehills honda, i know because i asked if they would do it for a lip kit and they would... so if collegehills has a good deal on the bumper and it is for sure cheaper than canada, then try to locate a honda dealership at buffalo and ask if they will pricematch, you can then save on shipping =D and taxes etc cause you can just install it there and throw out the old one 50$ in gas maybe forgot how far it is, but its not too far from fort erie i believe

but if its paid for by the other guy, then dont go through all the trouble i mentioned above.. just get it from honda here =D

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hahah yeah, i was using college hill for reference, the markham honda parts doesn't have a pricing for it, and i was really impatient this morning when i woke up.

I did get all his info, and i'll be talking to his folks later today. I don't think his father knows the seriousness of driving without insurance, or else he would have bought his son insurance before giving him the keys. AND instead of coming to take a look at the damage and discussing it with me, going out for lunch instead and then coming to my place after work. Worst case scenario that i am seeing is report it before the 24hour mark and let that take care of itself. I do have a written note from his son for hitting my car, and about 6 pairs of eyes.

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
btw when i mean price match, i mean US dealerships pricematch other US dealerships.. nothing to do with canadian dealerships

1 - 12 of 12 Posts