8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yeah first of all, iv searched about what im gonna ask.

im thinkin about putting sportsline on HFP suspension kit..

heard that HFP gives nice handling and drop a lil bit..

so i think about changing the HFP springs to sportsline..for lil bit more drop...

do u guys think its waste of money?? and have u ever tried this?

BTW i use HFP18" w/ 225/40/18 on my EX sedan.. would it be rubbed or any problem by this set up??

·
Registered
570 Posts
ya i think that would be fine, i heard of guys here with just the si suspension and sportline drop with no camber kits or dampeners and i think they are fine. If someone on here can confirm what im saying is true that be great.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i heard of guys here with just the si suspension and sportline drop with no camber kits or dampeners and i think they are fine.
is si suspension u said same what i mean??

BC im talking about HFP suspension kit not an stock one..

HFP suspension suppose to drop a lil bit lesser than 1 inch all around and this is the reason why im thinking about changing their springs to sprotsline.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
so heres a brief..

1. how would be the driving quality & handling (HFP suspension+sportsline)
2. do i have to use camber kit??
3.would it be rubbed? (HFP suspension+sportsline on 18x8 +35 w/ 225/40/18 tires)

thx for reading..and please give me ur thoughts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
so heres a brief..

1. how would be the driving quality & handling (HFP suspension+sportsline)
2. do i have to use camber kit??
3.would it have any issues?? (HFP suspension+sportsline on 18x8 +35 w/ 225/40/18 tires)

please give me some thought:(

·
Registered
23,477 Posts
1. HFP dampers and Eibach Sportlines will yield only marginally 'better' handling characteristics than Eibach Sportlines and Stock dampers.

2. You don't have to. If you are going through the trouble of changing the suspension, at least make it handle better with camber kits and a more aggressive alignment.

3. You will rub w/ stock camber in the front. Rear, you should be alright, but look into it further, may need more negative camber back there as well. My brother use to run Eibach Sportlines, 225/40/18 with 18x7 +45 HFP rims, and rubbed in the front over certain bumps on his FA5. Needless to say he is now on HFP suspension.

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
You're going to spend way too much on that set up. If you're going to buy Eibach sportlines, get a different shock made for lowering springs. The stock ones and the HFP are not made for cars lowered 1.5-1.7" which is what the Eibach springs will bring you. You will rub anything you hit a bump or you hit a pothole going at pretty much any speed thats not slow. That's because the shock no longer has room to travel to cause the rebound it needs to keep your tire from hitting the top of the wheel well. It looks nice, I had Eibachs on my LX coupe, but its worth buying the shocks. if you buy something like Skunk 2 shocks and Eibach springs, you should come to around the price of an HFP kit. And trust me you might want to spend extra on a hat so you won't have to take apart your front shocks they are a b*tch.

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
You will need to buy a camber kit if you want to properly align your car, but if you don't care, you won't have to buy one, it's not going to put you off to the point where you're eating tires.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts