8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

Really Bad Experience with local Dealer

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  rattlin 
#1 · (Edited)
The car is my daughters 08 Civic w/manual transmission. Long story relatively short. At Keeler Honda in Albany NY the engine was replaced under warranty for a cracked block January 31st. 2018. While they had the engine out they, of course, recommended I replaced the clutch that had 147K on it. First I said no, I will do it myself if/when ever needed. Shortly after I changed my mind and gave them the go-ahead to replace it since they already had the engine pulled and save me and my daughter a lot of headaches down the road, oh so I thought! Fast forward a year later and another 20K on it all was well till last weekend when my daughter complained of a strange noise when starting from a standing stop. Then she noticed a low sounding growl with the engine idling and would stop when she pushed the clutch in. Yup the transmission was toast. Went to the local salvage yard and pulled a used transmission. Pulled the bad transmission and found the damned fools at Keeler never installed a pilot bearing and forgot all about the second dowel pin and crushed the only one that just so happen to be in the original transmission hmm! Doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out why the bearings in the input shaft where about to grenade eh! Wasn’t going to make a big deal of the whole thing since I was REALLY sure they would never own up to it and I was only into the entire replacement cost of about $245 with my own labor to replace it. But at the very least I had to let the manager know just what had happened and they of course said there was nothing they would or could do about my situation. So I highly recommend avoiding that service department. Wonder how many others have been screwed by them for forgetting to put parts in cars that sooner or later could cause a catastrophic failure down the road. Oh! Almost forgot to mention the missing fasteners and stripped bolts I found. If I had to pay full price for a garage mechanic to do the repairs my calm demeanor towards this dealer would have been entirely different that’s for sure.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.