8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys, I'm new to the site and i just wanted to ask a couple of quiestions on HID lights for my Civic S.i 08.

i've been thinkin about gettin them since i bought it but for some reason i never do it lol

so ok...

whats the difference between "plug n play" n HID kit??
also i read about not going more than 6000k (whats a decent price for HID)
yellow HID fog lights??

pls help me with this cuz im very confused....thanks to everyone that took time to read my already confusy question lol:wavey:

·
Premium Member
14,538 Posts
Plug and play is exactly a PNP kit is. No cutting or soldering of wires.. The higher kelvin bulb you get the less visibility you will have. The foglight housing uses a H11 bulb so if you want HID's in your foglights than just get a PNP HID kit for you foglights.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
:yeahthat:
Just get a PnP Kit u can get them for as cheap as $50 and they work great and last a very very long time. I had a set of 6000k HID's and they were really bright, not as bright as 4300k but they have a more pure white discharge and if you dnt live in a lonely place or always driving backroads, i'd suggest not to get these cause cops are not big fans of them cause they'll have a huge glare right in their face when you drive by them. Not a good idea. I would get an 8000k kit but if u dnt want any blue tint in your light then i guess you would want 6000k< all up 2 you.
As for your fogs just get yellow nokya's and you'll be satisfied with the yellow output it gives off and they look great, i always get complimented on them. Its not bad going HID for fogs but that includes you having to find a good spot to put mount the ballast somewhere, also you have 2 remember HID's throw off more heat not by much but the foglight housing is very small and that heat will build up very quick inside the housing and damage the glass quicker especially if its a very cold day and your running them it'll crack the glass very quick...my friend had that setup and it lasted a good 2 months for him..then he put lexan lenses and it held up a little longer for about 6months but it started to melt the lexan on the inside. But like i said it all up 2 you man!
Sry 4 the long message lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.