8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Re:"mugen" gutted airbox/velocity stack question

Just thought I'd ping this off a couple of you guys. I'm currently gutting my stock airbox (going well btw, very easy), and am planning on taking out AEM short-ram I have in there now. The box is very smooth inside so far and that's not an issue. Picked up a K&N for it the other day. What I'm trying to work on it what's going on behind the front bumper. The resonator box is coming out, that's for sure, but that leaves me with this huge open space. Here's my idea. The lower hose/pipe that comes off the airbox that would normally go to the res-box would just hang around in that area with nothing connected to it. Now, you could either run a piece of flex pipe/duct from that pipe to somewhere else behind the bumper, or to a where an OEM foglight would usually go, but that's alot more piping. SO....why not find a way to attach a velocity stack (big or small??) to the end of that lower pipe?
There's nothing but air behind the bumper, it's nowhere near the header or engine, why wouldn't this work.

Give me your suggestions and ideas on this one guys, comments welcome. The idea hit me as I was going to bed last night while I was looking at the airbox sitting on my work bench.

·
Si-Onara
5,874 Posts
Its been done multiple times by multiple people. Look in the Mother of all Intakes thread at the top of this section and there is a absolute ton of different ideas you can use.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.