8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First post in this forum, nice to meet you all :)

I need some help and advice in reinstalling the back of my 07 Civic Coupe driver's set. So I drove to Buffalo this weekend for shopping, and on the way back to Toronto Canada Customs decide that $30 of spending isn't enough and we've gotta be hiding more, so they need to search my car. The search took only 2 minute, but it was until today that I noticed the back of my seat has been "ripped opened" by brute force and it was loose. Now, I don't know if they broke any hooks in the plastics or whatnot, but even the side airbag light was on and off after that as I noticed from my drive yesteday. I managed to snap one of the big hooks on the right side back into place and that seemed to help with the airbag detection. But the top-right part is still loose and I don't really know what the hooks and contact points are. I appreciate if someone can explain how to re-assemble the back of the car seat. In the mean time, I will persue a complaint to Canada Customs and see if I can get back at them for trashing a good citizen's car (I really only got $30 of stuff and I never hid anything).

Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks GeezerSi for the link. The info is very useful and I was able to reverse the disassembly instructions to put the back plate back into the car seat. However I found that those b-tards yanked out the back plate from the left so the top side hook is broken. I will be giving Canada Customs hell for doing this to my car :Mad:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.