8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have and amp powering 4 door speakers. Took my car in for a deck replacement the other day and i just noticed after checking today.

I had 2 sets of rca's running from amp to head unit. Both of them stinger rca cables... Now only one is a stinger rca, and the other one is just a generic rca cable from like a home theatre or dvd player with the black cable, just like a cheapo one.

Im thinking maybe he cut or damaged a wire (i doubt theyd steal rca's :think:)...

Anyways... is this going to be negative in any way? Damage, sound quality etc...? I dont know if there is a difference between car audio rca's vs home ones...

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
#1: Them not telling you is shady.

#2: You'll probably be fine. But, I'd still be pissed that they did something like that without telling me.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Yea, either way I'd go back and get money for a new cable, then I'd probably run it myself, considering they damaged it the first time.

Whether it affects the sound quality or not, that's shady and you should go back.

·
Registered
18,914 Posts
generic home audio RCA cables can be found dirt cheap.
For only $1.56 each when QTY 50+ purchased - 2 RCA Plug/2 RCA Plug M/M Cable - 25ft | 2-RCA Audio Cables
however, your stinger cables are significantly more
http://www.hifisoundconnection.com/Shop/Control/Product/fp/vpid/3920382/vpcsid/0/SFV/30046

maybe he takes them out and hopes no one switches? uses them in an instlal for another customer? who knows...
either way, lets say it was accidentally cut, he should of replaced it with one of the same quality...as well as told you.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I appreciate the input fellas and i totally agree with the fact that what he did is bs. I will talk to him next week when im back in the city and get my stinger cable back.

BUT i dont want to have to pull apart my dash again if i dont have too, i was thinking just getting the cable back and storing it until i need to pull dash apart for something else.

So that's why i was asking about sound quality, damage, potential feedback or anything that a home cable would be lacking versus a stinger cable. Quickfit the link you posted of the cheap ass cable is exactly what he put in instead of cable, also My headunit has 2.0 pre outs just throwing that out there.

So i guess im basically re-asking my question. Thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts