8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed that whenever I take my 07 Civic LX (automatic transmission) above 60 MPH, I hear a faint, somewhat high pitched rattling sound which appears to be coming from the front/drivers side of the car. The faster I go, the more pronounced it gets. No trim appears to be loose on the car's exterior. Does anyone know whether this might be a wind related issue or something that might be mechanical?

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
I've noticed that whenever I take my 07 Civic LX (automatic transmission) above 60 MPH, I hear a faint, somewhat high pitched rattling sound which appears to be coming from the front/drivers side of the car. The faster I go, the more pronounced it gets. No trim appears to be loose on the car's exterior. Does anyone know whether this might be a wind related issue or something that might be mechanical?
I just installed me CAI this week and I inherited those sounds....

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
I hear it sometimes.

I never thought it was a big deal, but for my situation, my best guess would be my front license plate holder/bracket. Mine isn't screwed into the front bumper, so it could be rattling at high speeds.

·
Registered
28 Posts
It could also be that big piece of plastic cover underneath the hood. I used to have a rattling sound when traveling at high speed, until I got that plastic cover installed correctly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts