8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
4,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there,

I just purchased the Buddy Club Race Header, I installed it with the GReddy TI-C exhaust, and the header is rattling like none other. It is hitting the lower cross member of the car, it only has about 3/4 of an inch of clearance in there.

I am not really sure how to get the thing to stop rattling.

Here is what I have tried

I got the Ingalls stiffy engine torque dampener- didn’t help much at all...

I epoxy'd the crap out of the front engine mount, with the instructions from skunk2.- helped, but didn’t solve the issue completely, now the dash just rattles like crazy, and the header still hits.

Do I just need to bite the bullet and get all new motor mounts? I am lost :( I don’t mind a little vibration, but this is still a daily driven car. I don’t want to be rattled all to hell every time i take off normally.

Any thoughts would be awesome :)

·
Registered
4,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can check again... but I had an actual mechanic buddy of mine take a look and everything is in there correctly.

Now with the injected mount, the rattling is not bad anymore, but it still does it a little if I take off slowly. Now not only does the header rattle just a bit, the injected mount rattles the piss out of my dash.

·
Registered
28,322 Posts
Did this just rattle just show up out of nowhere? How long have you had the BCRH on your car?

·
Registered
4,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It showed up as soon as I put the header on, which was last friday. I got the ingalls damper overnighted to me on monday, so yesterday I did the injected mount and damper.

·
Registered
28,322 Posts
Dbl check all your work from when you installed the header. I've installed 4 BCRH's & never had a single rattle from one of them.

·
Registered
4,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No, I didnt, we had to bend the bracket on the BC header for it to slide up past the cross member in the first place.

I talked to my mechanic buddy, and he said the only real reason for the bracket is so the header doesnt crack, but because the header has the springs and its a slide on design it shouldnt matter

·
Registered
28,322 Posts
No, I didnt, we had to bend the bracket on the BC header for it to slide up past the cross member in the first place.

I talked to my mechanic buddy, and he said the only real reason for the bracket is so the header doesnt crack, but because the header has the springs and its a slide on design it shouldnt matter
Take your car back to your mechanic buddy & ask him why your header is rattling.

I've never bent any bracket on any of BCRH's I've installed.

·
Registered
4,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well I installed the header, he and I both noticed that the header is hitting the lower cross member :(

·
Registered
4,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I just don't think that bracket would make much of a difference, because its connected to the block when the block torques with the movement of the car it will still cause it to hit.

thoughts?

·
Registered
28,322 Posts
I just don't think that bracket would make much of a difference, because its connected to the block when the block torques with the movement of the car it will still cause it to hit.

thoughts?
The bracket on the BCRH is meant to utilize the OEM exhaust bracket that is bolted to the motor. I have installed BCRH's with & w/o using that bracket & there is plenty of clearance everytime.

·
Registered
4,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The bracket on the BCRH is meant to utilize the OEM exhaust bracket that is bolted to the motor. I have installed BCRH's with & w/o using that bracket & there is plenty of clearance everytime.
so you didnt use that bracket?

1 - 20 of 69 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.