8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
5,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been fighting with these damn creaks and rattles for over a year, i've taken out the decklid, foamed stuff up, etc, etc, etc. Nothing fixed it.

Are you ready to hear how simple the fix is? Here's what's loose (at least on my car) -- the trunk. All you need to do is unscrew the two rubber stoppers on the trunk lid a bit and BINGO, done.

It was so bad tonight that i had my gf drive around while i was in the trunk, i tried everything, finally...pushing up on the trunk lid made all the rattles and creaking disappear. It was real cold tonight so im sure the rubber contracted a bit making the trunk even more loose, thats why i dont hear it as much in the summer! Anyway, no rattles, i'm so happy i cant even explain it.

Remember where you heard it first...now GO BUY SOME OF MY STICKERS!!! :dancing::wavey:

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I've been fighting with these damn creaks and rattles for over a year, i've taken out the decklid, foamed stuff up, etc, etc, etc. Nothing fixed it.

Are you ready to hear how simple the fix is? Here's what's loose (at least on my car) -- the trunk. All you need to do is unscrew the two rubber stoppers on the trunk lid a bit and BINGO, done.

It was so bad tonight that i had my gf drive around while i was in the trunk, i tried everything, finally...pushing up on the trunk lid made all the rattles and creaking disappear. It was real cold tonight so im sure the rubber contracted a bit making the trunk even more loose, thats why i dont hear it as much in the summer! Anyway, no rattles, i'm so happy i cant even explain it.

Remember where you heard it first...now GO BUY SOME OF MY STICKERS!!! :dancing::wavey:
sweet...nice job...but u let ur gf drive it???? OMG ruined for ever....j/k of course...not really

·
Registered
563 Posts

AHHHH! If this works I'll go nuts! This rattle has been driving me crazy since I baught the car in 06. Nothing worse than that rattle. Thanks a milliion!

·
Registered
2,162 Posts

I had the same problem with my 05 rsx-s. i went nuts trying to figure it out untill i tried that. the same rubber stops are in the doors and hood. fixed some rattles and creaks there too.

·
Registered
5,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
it wouldnt be the same rattling and creaking from my sub being too loud would it
if you take off the rear deck and tighten up the screws holding in the speakers that should fix that problem! They're loose from the factory.

·
Purpul Plane 4ever!
40,686 Posts
I get noise from the speaker area once the bass hits. Any solutions for that??? lol

·
Registered
102 Posts
OMG! YOU RULE! I have been putting up with that rattle since I've owned the car, adjusting those rubber stoppers on the bumper completely eliminated the noise, thank you!!

·
Registered
5,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
haha same here man, it's just killing me that it took so long to discover! Glad it worked out for you, i love my car again!

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
lol, i did this such a long time ago....never thought to post it up. i brought it to the dealer for creaks and they "couldnt replicate the problem". so i decided to try the exact same thing....except my brother was driving.

+1

·
Registered
834 Posts
You guys are too funny. But damn you guys do what it takes to get it fix and i'm very thankful. I have an 08 and trust me i noticed those creeks the day i drove it home. And now that i have a woofer even worse. Thanks!!

·
Registered
23,477 Posts

I just recently developed a rattle in the rear of the car while going over certain bumps. Not really a creak, but a plastic on plastic sound. I am so going to try this in the morning, I can't wait. I noticed it when it started to get cold out. I have an FA5 so I hope this fixes it. I pretty much removed and reinstalled my HFP Suspension to make sure nothing was loose or installed incorrectly. lol I have tried everything, but that. I will update tomorrow if that is my problem. I hope so! :eek:hnoes:

·
Registered
8,014 Posts
I just recently developed a rattle in the rear of the car while going over certain bumps. Not really a creak, but a plastic on plastic sound. I am so going to try this in the morning, I can't wait. I noticed it when it started to get cold out. I have an FA5 so I hope this fixes it. I pretty much removed and reinstalled my HFP Suspension to make sure nothing was loose or installed incorrectly. lol I have tried everything, but that. I will update tomorrow if that is my problem. I hope so! :eek:hnoes:
Joe, check your rear door panels. My rattling in the front is my passenger side door panel

1 - 20 of 33 Posts