8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright ladies and gents, my car is just over a year old and every time I sit in my drivers seat, it begins to squeak like crazy. My front right speaker rattles a lot, so does the driver side one just not as much. Also in the back it rattles, I'm pretty sure its not the speaker because it rattles when no music is playing, it's in the passenger side in the back seat. So if anyone can tell me what is going on with the rattle in the back and the squeaky seat and how I can fix it, and if it is covered in the honda warranty. I'm sure the speakers are blown, are they covered in the warranty as well? Thanks for any answers guys..:wavey:

·
Pillar of Objectivity
8,915 Posts
I have dealt with rattles and squeaks with this car since the day I bought it, pretty much.

I try not to mention it anymore, because people hammer on me for "whining" about the car.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Just take an afternoon off work and take it to the dealer. Not sure where you are from, I take my Si to "Classic Honda" at Brampton, Ontario. The service dept is very good there and they were able to resolve most of the rattling issues i had.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Mine squeaks and rattles like an old school bus in cold weather!
2006 Civic LX 59,000 miles

·
Registered
834 Posts
Well come to club. I have an 08 and since day one with 3 miles on it, it has had rattles everywhere. In fact, today i just noticed one, in the back seat what your prob talking about. I would say turn the music up, but eh, your speakers don't work. Sad very very sad!

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just take an afternoon off work and take it to the dealer. Not sure where you are from, I take my Si to "Classic Honda" at Brampton, Ontario. The service dept is very good there and they were able to resolve most of the rattling issues i had.
Ontario? Canada right? Yea I am very far. I live in Southern Cali. And the only two dealers I have used have washed my car after my request for no wash and scratched the paint. Damn was I mad. But eh, I think it will be worth it to get rid of those damn squeaks and rattles..

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mine squeaks and rattles like an old school bus in cold weather!
2006 Civic LX 59,000 miles
I have an 06 LX sedan. Only 12,5XX miles and it rattles like crazy. What ever happened to Honda quality?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts