8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any good fixes for rattles and creaks from the following areas in an 08 civic.

1.) The far right corner of the dash on the passenger side when warm creaks up and down.

2.) The speedo top cover rattles and creaks

3.) On the driver side directly above my head in the roofing are there is a buzzing noise.

Many thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
Does anyone have any good fixes for rattles and creaks from the following areas in an 08 civic.

1.) The far right corner of the dash on the passenger side when warm creaks up and down.

2.) The speedo top cover rattles and creaks

3.) On the driver side directly above my head in the roofing are there is a buzzing noise.

Many thanks in advance
1) Mine does this as well, but on the driver side. I usually just apply pressure with my hand for 2-3 seconds and it goes away.

2) If the whole unit is loose, maybe you should go to the dealer.

3) I also have this, its the sun visor. Push your hand on it and it goes away but only temporarily...econobox ftl

get some noise canceling headphones
LOL

·
Registered
5,847 Posts
I didn't expect it not to rattle when I bought my Honda, they are known for tiny noises. Good thing it as a decent stereo.

My sunroof rattles if the liner is opened, but if it's open or cracked, it's ok. Sometimes my glove box rattles, but since I have lots of papers in there, it's full and not rattling anymore.

My Nissan Maxima was super quiet, I turned on the engine while it was on twice in 1 week, while driving I can only hear other people's car. Gawd I miss my Maxima.

·
Registered
185 Posts
every 8th gen i've been rattles. mine rattles all the time, especially when its a little colder outside.

i guess we just have to deal with these things, i rather have some little noises than some honda techs ripping apart my car trying to "fix" it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.