·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Glad this was of some help. It seems once I fix one rattle I get stuck with another. Now I have a buzzing sound coming from driver's side door handle. The cold seems to induce it, but it also occurs even with moderate levels of sound from the car radio. Weird.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Okay I had a rattle that was driving me crazy all winter. At first I thought it was just the dash because of the extreme cold weather but now that it's warmed up a bit I still was getting it.

I would have sworn on a stack of bibles it was coming from the passenger door panel but this is where you can be fooled. Turns out it was the plastic cover just above the passengers foot well (below the glove box). This panel will pop out so you just have to push it back in. If it still rattles put a bit of foam behind it.

Hope this one will help a few people pinpoint another rattle source.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Okay I had a rattle that was driving me crazy all winter. At first I thought it was just the dash because of the extreme cold weather but now that it's warmed up a bit I still was getting it.

I would have sworn on a stack of bibles it was coming from the passenger door panel but this is where you can be fooled. Turns out it was the plastic cover just above the passengers foot well (below the glove box). This panel will pop out so you just have to push it back in. If it still rattles put a bit of foam behind it.

Hope this one will help a few people pinpoint another rattle source.
I'll try this fix. I just had the interior courtesy lights installed on Friday, and today I took my 09 LX coupe out on the highway for the first time and there was a lot of rattling coming from the passenger well it seemed. I guess when the lights were installed, the passenger panel wasn't put back in firmly enough.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
I had a rattle on my passenger side and it definitely wasn't the seat, as that gets adjusted/reclined on a regular basis by my passengers. It was coming from the A-pillar area (as far as I could discern.) As it turned out, it was the windshield trim on the passenger side -- found this information in another thread (that was over 3 years old!) Finally got rid of that annoying rattle that I've had for the past year.

The trim needed to be pushed into place; it clips in a lot of spots (I got mine to snap into the clips in 5 or 6 spots.)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.