8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, i just got my 06 coupe and im hearing a vibration coming from the back whenever i go over bumps or play music at a normal volume. I think Ive traced it down to the rear window rattling against the rear deck because when I put pressure on it from the outside or on the rear deak it stops.

I guess Ill try and use some foam in between the two but I was wondering if anyone else had this problem? or better sugestions on how to fix it.
thanx

·
Registered
161 Posts
Jepetto said:
Ok, i just got my 06 coupe and im hearing a vibration coming from the back whenever i go over bumps or play music at a normal volume. I think Ive traced it down to the rear window rattling against the rear deck because when I put pressure on it from the outside or on the rear deak it stops.

I guess Ill try and use some foam in between the two but I was wondering if anyone else had this problem? or better sugestions on how to fix it.
thanx
It is so new, I'd take it back to the dealer. It could be loose and thus unsafe in the event of an accident!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Tinman said:
They re-designed the civic and STILL haven't fixed that stupid rear deck rattle???? :rolleyes:
I don't think a new vehicle can "still" have a problem that it's predecessor had, since it is a different vehicle altogether. Haven't heard any rattling as of yet on my end.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've got the rattle too, in the coupe. The rattle is caused by the plastic over the rear window brake light and the rear window itself. For a temporary solution, I took a piece of folded over tape and just stuck it in there (took a pretty big wad of tape though!). It looks ghetto but will do the trick until I can take it in to be fixed (if they'll even do anything about it).

Ugh. My first ever post and I used the worh ghetto. >.<

·
Registered
59 Posts
My door rattles, my back deck rattles, my rear shocks creak, the paint is peeling off my front bumper because the headlight assembly rubs against it, and the air conditioner STINKS. This car is a piece of ****. I should have kept the 2003 civic i traded in. and the paint scratches easier than any other car I have owned. I think might trade it in for a Daewoo, Hyundai or Kia, maybe the note would be lower and I'd expect a shitty car. Good going Honda. Thanks for not taking their time and building the car better. By the way, I can't wait till it starts leaking oil and the gas pedal falling off like the recall states. Man I got jacked.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Travis said:
My door rattles, my back deck rattles, my rear shocks creak, the paint is peeling off my front bumper because the headlight assembly rubs against it, and the air conditioner STINKS. This car is a piece of ****. I should have kept the 2003 civic i traded in. and the paint scratches easier than any other car I have owned. I think might trade it in for a Daewoo, Hyundai or Kia, maybe the note would be lower and I'd expect a shitty car. Good going Honda. Thanks for not taking their time and building the car better. By the way, I can't wait till it starts leaking oil and the gas pedal falling off like the recall states. Man I got jacked.

You know, you did buy Hondas cheapest car. You act like you bought a BMW, Acura or something. All the problems can be brought up with the dealership and they will fix it with the exception of the AC stinking. Mine stunk for about 2 weeks anytime I used it but now it is fine. The paint scatching easily could be that it hasn't cured yet, it takes up to 6 months to for paint to cure.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Acura=Honda=Acura.....Duh...most car share parts. It does not matter if it is Hondas cheapest car, its still a honda, and with that usually means quality. I'll still stick with the fact that my 2003 civic LX coupe was better built. I also noticed today the sheet metal about my 06 is thinner and more flimsy than the 03. How do I know? I had a trailer hitch on my 03, and I just put one on my 06 and if you stand on the hitch and watch the trunk floor where the hitch mounts on both cars, it flexes alot on the 06 and did not on the 03.

·
Registered
573 Posts
hell.. for 20 thousand dollars.. i don't wnat my **** to rattle..

however.. it does.. in the back and i have a coupe.. and its worse when its cold for some reason.. hopefully gonna be able to run by the dealer during thanksgiving week

·
Registered
143 Posts
I noticed a little rattle in mine with bass heavy audio. I discovered that the right rear corner of the rear shelf was popped up and sitting against the window. Weather it came up or was like that all along, I dont know. Popped it down and all is good.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
hmm... stupid rattle in the rear...

seems liek it rattles in the trunk area(bottom of the shelf)

but damn I don't need this **** to be rattling!!!!!

·
Registered
143 Posts
CivicWithNav said:
hmm... stupid rattle in the rear...

seems liek it rattles in the trunk area(bottom of the shelf)

but damn I don't need this **** to be rattling!!!!!

there are a few plastic clips for wiring under there, like where the 3rd brake light harness is among others. Check those. Should be pretty easy to take care of your rattling if it's just one of those a little loose causing it.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
i went to the dealer and they said turn the bass down....im like I PAID for the god damn subwoofer and i'm gonna ****ing use it

and they called the tech line and said they've only gotten 1 complaint for this problem which is a BS

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
My 06 Civic has no such problem, but I had a similar problem in both of my other Civics. The solution I found was to remove the rear shelf and place a few pieces of carpet underpad type foam between the plastic shelf and the metal structure that holds the speakers. After I did it I had no more rattles.

·
STIG: a tamed race driver
1,630 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Has anyone successfully had the dealer fix the rear deck rattle?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts