8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 403 Posts

·
Registered
6,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
6-OCT-2011 Update: Spreadsheet uploaded to web file host. File is NOT zipped. This should finally fix all issues that we have been having viewing the spreadsheet.

Link here: FileSwap.com : Boomba_Innovative_-_8thCivic_Collective_Comparison(30-JUN-2011 Update).xls download free

If anyone has any further input (especially on the Innovative and Boomba *MOTOR* mounts), feel free to post here/leave a comment on my page/PM me, and I'll update the spreadsheet as neccessary. The more, the better.

(Spreadsheet attached below.)

:usa:

Fellas/Chickas,

I know alot of us are having a hard time deciding which mounts might suit each individual best.
I think this will help us ALL compare one against the other (Innovative vs. Boomba), help those buying mounts decide which ones are right for them, and help those with existing mounts (aftermarket/injected) decide whether they should change/upgrade.

So how 'bout this - Lets use a 5 point scale - (Mind you, this should be judged AFTER break in)

*Vibrations
5 = rattles your teeth out - 1 = like stock

*Wheel-Hop
5 = non-existent - 1 = crazy stock hop

*Shifting
5 = shifts flawlessly - 1 = grinds or locks out like stock

*Grounds
Yes/No = Was relocating/rewiring grounds neccessary?

- ALSO -
If you have the Innovative mounts
be sure to include the polyurethane stiffness rating (i.e. - 60A, 75A, 85A, 95A) in your post.
If you have the Boomba mounts be sure to include which set you have (Motor mounts (driver/passenger) or Torque Mounts (top dog-bone, bottom dog-bone, and front))

UPDATE: Please include ALL pertinent horsepower mods as well - Realxlai brought up a good point, that those boosted (or those who have high horsepower NAs) may experience differences in performance from mount kits, which may skew results if not noted.

I think this will only work if we can get as many people's input as possible. I'll average the results out once we get enough input to make a good comparison.

Thank you SiVtecBoi80 for kicking this off for us!

Ill start with my innovatives.

Vibrations = 2

Wheel Hop = 4

Shifting = 4-5

Mind you I have the 60a setup. So vibrations are minimal, shifting is much improved im sure a 75 stiffness would make shifting even better but at the expense of more vibration.
I would never turn back this is how the car should feel from factory. I have had the innovatives for a good 3 months or so.

When first installed the vibrations were more noticable but it definitly broke in after a month or so. The vibrations are felt very little in the wheel with the a/c on or upon take off in 1st at a low rpm. Its minimal to the point you really have to focus to notice it. Vibrations are far less than my powerstick and my torque damper I had before.

·
Registered
4,398 Posts
^ Innovative or Boomba? lol

I will post my review once my Boomba torque mounts arrive and are broken in..

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
This is for the boomba motor mounts and no tq mounts... passenger/driver

*Vibrations

*Wheel-Hop

*Shifting

*Grounds
No...

·
Registered
4,398 Posts
People with the Boomba torque mounts, did the vibrations die down after a few weeks?

I just installed my mounts and the vibrations are killing me, if I were to currently rate them on a 1-5 scale it would be a 5, rattles my teeth out!

·
Registered
6,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
are innovative 60A similar to stock vibration ??
From what I gather from everyone else's opinions on the 60As, I would conclude that the vibrations they transfer are d*mn near stock.

·
Registered
4,131 Posts
  • Vibrations
3 = Vibrations are not bad

• Wheel-Hop
5 = What wheel hop?

• Shifting
5 = Shifts pretty good

• Grounds
Yes = Rewiring Ground

Innovative 75A

·
Registered
967 Posts
when people refer to "vibration" is it just the car kinda shakes or do all the plastic panels make noise too. cause im interested in the boomba torque mounts an i think i can deal with the car vibrating but have all the plastic creak and making noise could get on my nerve.

·
Registered
4,237 Posts
my nerves broke in the cars vibrations. shiz vibrates like a mofo. but i just dont feel it anymore. break in took about a week.

1 - 20 of 403 Posts