8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

2561 - 2580 of 2592 Posts

·
Registered
4,639 Posts
Rasky-- i was researching optimum no rinse and saw on the meguiars forum that you do use it and use it with a microfiber towel and switch sides for each panel. Think you could make us a video showing your technique on using ONR on a dirty vehicle? Do you use two buckets with grit guards in both? Do you use any qd to loosen contaminants? I have seen many videos but a majority are not done in the winter so the car actually is not that dirty. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
7,416 Posts
Use the 2 bucket method as normal. Some people spray some ONR before touching the car with a mitt or whatever you would like to use in order to loosen the dirt more.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Rasky do you know of anybody in the south west portion of texas that does this i cant find anyone and well your a lil too far to get my car taken to you?

·
Registered
8,780 Posts
Hey Rasky, do you think it's possible to remove or lighten up the visibility of dents on plastic bumpers?

I was at a redlight just sitting there and some stupidass soccer mom in a van slightly bumped into me in the rear and now I have some kind've semi squared indent on the bumper. None of the paint is gone or none of her paint is on my bumper. I was wondering if there was a method I could do to somewhat atleast take away some of the visible markings.

I was thinking of taking a cutting pad and some polish or something with a machine buffer to it and heat it up a bit and try to take some of it off....?

I was wondering if you've ever done it before. I've seen you take out so many scratches etc from paint and metal body parts on cars...:shrug:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just went through every page of the thread. I just want to say that your work is absolutely amazing! I wish I had half the detailing knowledge and skill you do.

Also...your garage...I need it!!! lol. Keep up the good work man! You wouldn't happen to know anyone in Central Kentucky that's just as good as you, would you? Minnesota is just a bit of a drive for me to get my car detailed. haha.

·
Registered
524 Posts
hey rasky what polish and pad combo would you use on the crystal black pearl paint honda paint, I was thinking maybe using some po85 and lake country white ccs pad

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey Rasky, awesome work love your pictures and your videos.

There is one video in particular that you made which you used a special product to wipe down the card after polishing it and I couldnt make out the words to it, I've time stamped it to the time you were going to say it on your youtube video, maybe you can tell me the name of it, interested to know what it's called and how to apply it. thank you

MF Comparison test 2.wmv - YouTube

·
Registered
7,416 Posts
He most likely said IPA wipedown. Which is just alcohol. You wipe the panel after you are done polishing it. This gets rid of any polishing oils and shows the true condition of the paint after you corrected it.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Rasky your work has me amazed. You don't have any recommendations in NY for a detail right .. I want someone who cares as much as you handling my detail. I cant believe some of the transformations in this thread!

2561 - 2580 of 2592 Posts