8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

2501 - 2520 of 2592 Posts

·
Registered
8,780 Posts
I already went to Autozone and bought the liquid version of this new Meguiars ULTIMATE wax. Heh, it came with a free black microfiber towel aswell as with a black foam wax applicator pad. Reminded me of when I first got my NXT wax.

I would love to try that blackfire wet diamond stuff but don't know where to find it. I heard and read that stuff is a BLESSING on black cars! Makes them look even blacker and more richer saturated. Like the difference between an LCD screen vs a Plasma screen:thumbsup:

Eh, I already have so many damn waxes and polishes and whatnot. I can't keep track of it all anymore! It's like a disease now lol!

·
Registered
4,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,504
I already went to Autozone and bought the liquid version of this new Meguiars ULTIMATE wax. Heh, it came with a free black microfiber towel aswell as with a black foam wax applicator pad. Reminded me of when I first got my NXT wax.

I would love to try that blackfire wet diamond stuff but don't know where to find it. I heard and read that stuff is a BLESSING on black cars! Makes them look even blacker and more richer saturated. Like the difference between an LCD screen vs a Plasma screen:thumbsup:

Eh, I already have so many damn waxes and polishes and whatnot. I can't keep track of it all anymore! It's like a disease now lol!
Yes it is! I actually have an entire bedroom in my house dedicated for detailing products! :)

Let me know what you think of the new Megs wax. ;)

·
Registered
8,780 Posts
Yes it is! I actually have an entire bedroom in my house dedicated for detailing products! :)

Let me know what you think of the new Megs wax. ;)
LOL damn chad! A whole bedroom!? you got me beat so easily lol! I got a small closet worth.

Oh, and I'll definitely let you know. Pretty much everytime Megs puts out a new soap or wax, I always wanna try it out. This new wax seems like some pretty decent,strong stuff so I'm definitely going to try it out. I can't wax my car now since I'm about to install the HFP lips all around and don't wanna wax and detail the car if I'm just going to strip it back off so I can install the lips. The car's going to go through a makeover here in a week. After that though it's DETAILING TIME!:badger:

·
Registered
99 Posts
I just went through the whole 126 pages of this thread, time well wasted.. :D
It also made me realize that my car needs detailing so bad lol
good job man, ur work is amazing

·
Registered
4,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,510
2008 C63 paint correction and clear bra removal

Client recently purchased this car and wanted to get it looking new again. The clear bra was yellowed and detracted from the cars appearance so we decided to remove it as well. The paint was in average condition for the year with moderate swirls and a few RIDS. The color made it very difficult to capture defects so you’ll have to take my word for it on the before condition. ;)

Process:
Wash - Foam bath with Chemical Guys Citrus Wash
Wheels – Sonax Full Effect Wheel Cleaner using various brushes.
Tires – Optimum Power Clean
Chrome tips – Optimum Metal polish and #0000 steel wool
Paint correction step 1 – Meguiar’s M105 via rotary polisher and LC PFW pads
Paint correction step 2 – Meguiars M105 via DA polisher and tangerine LC pads
Paint correction step 3 – Menzerna 106fa via rotary polisher and crimson LC pads
Paint protection – Blackfire Wet Diamond
Tires – Meguiar’s Hyper Dressing at 3:1
Wheels – Sealed with Optimum Opti-Seal
Glass – Meguiar’s D120

Before pics….(hopefully you can see some of the swirls/marring)

Yellowed Clear Bra

Door edges too….I love clear bra!

Swirls….

50/50….not that you can see much

Pillar trim showed the condition better ;)

Trim corrected

After pics

No sun pics once again. :(

Thanks for looking! :)
Rasky

·
Registered
8,780 Posts
Hey Chad I'm going to order the M105 and M205 sometime soon but I also need a trim and rubber Mostly RUBBER conditioner and was wondering what you thought of Megs M40 Trim/rubber conditioner spray..?

I'd like to get it for my trim on my Si around where the windshield is. Oh, and for rubber stuff like CV boots and stuff like that. Rubber washers for my Coils etc.

·
Registered
4,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,514
Hey Chad I'm going to order the M105 and M205 sometime soon but I also need a trim and rubber Mostly RUBBER conditioner and was wondering what you thought of Megs M40 Trim/rubber conditioner spray..?

I'd like to get it for my trim on my Si around where the windshield is. Oh, and for rubber stuff like CV boots and stuff like that. Rubber washers for my Coils etc.
I like it, but use 303 Aerospace Protectant more. Both will wash off in the rain though.

·
Registered
8,780 Posts
I like it, but use 303 Aerospace Protectant more. Both will wash off in the rain though.
hmm, both wash off huh? Why do you use 303 more? Does that work better than M40?

Someone told me to use black shoe polish for dried/faded black plastic auto trim. Hmm:think:

·
Registered
9 Posts
How did you get the clear bra off so clean? I have one on my 08 and it refuses to come off. Was there any fading of the paint caused by having it on there so long? Thanks and amazing work!

·
Registered
7,416 Posts
I think I remember a while ago that someone said it was a pain to do. Chad probably compounded or polished the paint that the clear bra was protecting too which helped alot.

·
Registered
141 Posts
hey rasky I was wondering how do you polish around the badges with a DA? Do you remove them in order to polish under them? If you do remove them what do you use to adhere them back? If you don't remove them do you hand polish the areas around them if a 3inch pad won't fit?

2501 - 2520 of 2592 Posts