8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 2978 Posts

·
Registered
13,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
By wild, I mean driving down the street, not at some show.

I saw and Enzo a month after they came out driving on Hwy 101.

Yesterday, I saw my first 911 GT3 (my favoritest car ever) and it was an 07 GT3 RS no less, on I 80.

Then today, in one of the toughest SMOG counties in the Smog Nazi capitol of the world, California, I saw a guy picking up his kid from school in a R33 Skyline GT-R. My chin it the floor and my arms were waving hysterically. He did look over at me and smile at my reaction. I must have looked like a school girl at an N Sync concert.

So, what are the rarest cars you've seen in the wild?

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
My favorite was a Evo III -- my current favorite in the line, in white (my favorite color) and with the large rally foglights (my favorite part). Awesome looking car, and mean sounding. Also saw an R34 V-Spec, a few years ago.

I saw a Caterham (or something very close to it) this morning, and I see a Gallardo in our neighborhood everyday. I think that particular neighbor also bought a CLS 65 to match his CLS 55 for his wife. o_O There's a 911 GT2 around San Dimas in green (I think) and the guy with the Gallardo's friend has a 911 GT2 in white as well.

·
Registered
5,127 Posts
on the road the rarest car i've seen was a Silver Porsche Carrera GT

i have seen a Ferrari FXX at a dealership and stood about 1" away from it looking in the window...all i have to say is WOW what a cool car..

·
Registered
13,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
whtdvl said:
on the road the rarest car i've seen was a Silver Porsche Carrera GT

i have seen a Ferrari FXX at a dealership and stood about 1" away from it looking in the window...all i have to say is WOW what a cool car..

I did the same thing at the Vegas dearlship in the Winn.

·
Registered
355 Posts
-Ford GT in my neighborhood. White with blue stripes. Just parked there looking fast.
-Same day, farther down the same road, brand new Cayman S, yellow.(This was about a month ago)
-There is a red Ferrari convertible that I see every now and then around town.
-I drive past a new BMW M5, white, on the way to school every morning.
-New BMW M6 in my neighborhood.
-Saw a Lamborghini Gallardo, red, convertible in Raliegh last weekend.

I live in a small college town. 50,000? people maybe. These I have seen in person and not passing on the highway or anything.

·
Registered
6,272 Posts
· Saleen s7
· Porsche Carrera GT
· Porsche 911 GT3
· Ford GT
· Lingenfelter Corvette
· Mercedes-Benz Mclaren SLR 722
· Lotus Elise
· Lotus Exige
· Aston Martin DB9
· Aston Martin Vantage
· Maserati GranTurismo
· Rolls-Royce Phantom
· Vector M12

Ive seen so many Lamborghinis and Ferraris i dont think i could list them all.

These are the only ones im 100% sure ive seen.

·
Registered
13,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I've also seen

Ford GT
Elises (not too rare but still cool.)
Gallardo
Diablo
575 M
CLS 65
M6
New M5
BMW 850
Tesstarosta
Countach

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Not sure if it counts as my Dad knew the owner, but this car was rolling down the road when he pointed it out to me.

1970 426 Hemi Cuda convertible with a 5 speed MT. Only 5 in the world.

·
Registered
13,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
918civic said:
Not sure if it counts as my Dad knew the owner, but this car was rolling down the road when he pointed it out to me.

1970 426 Hemi Cuda convertible with a 5 speed MT. Only 5 in the world.

I think that just might be the winner of this thread.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
I seen the silver with black stripe 69 Mustang Gt 500 shelby thingy. The same one off of Gone in 60 Seconds. I talked to the guy and he spent over 50,000 alone on restoration and this is the real thing, not the remakes they did. I also saw a 69 camaro ss/z28, i forgot which one it was, in mint condition. Orange and black stripes. I seen Lotus exige and Lambo Diablo's. I have seen a lot of diff cars which is surprising seeing as I live in a town of 70,000

1 - 20 of 2978 Posts