8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haven't posted on these forums before, but I've been lurking for quite some time... However, I've been trying to research a very interesting car I saw at my local dealership and I can't find ANY info on it, neither here at 8thcivic, nor anywhere on the net...

What I saw was a Fiji Blue Si, with a special performance package that was done as a "showroom" option sort of thing, with quite a few interesting upgrades. It has the HFP Suspension package, foglights, and a few other "standard" performance upgrades, but here's where it gets interesting: it comes with a K&N Short Ram intake, aftermarket wheels from Konig (i believe), and Lamborghini-style doors.

I was assured that it was all factory installed, and everything, even the doors, are under the warranty... So, my question is, how rare might this car be? Has anyone ever heard of this before? Any further information would be very helpful as I'm one of those guys who loves "unique" and "collectible" things in life, and this car seems one-of-a-kind :p Also, it has been listed as 25,999, down from 28,999 (apparently it's been hard to sell due to the doors). I'm considering trading in my LX for this, as I was in the market for an upgrade to an Si anyway, and this one seems quite unique.

·
Banned
6,469 Posts
Well.

Heres the thing. The sales manager decides all that. And what they usually do is add more stuff to a car, so that they can raise the price abit higher. So im guessing what the manager decided to do, since he isnt getting many Si, was to add on stuff so that he can boost the price.

Nothing special about it. And yes the car would be on warranty. And also there are dealers that will order aftermarket parts for you, and install it for you so that your warranty doesnt get broke.

:thumb:

·
Banned
133 Posts
ROFL @ "factory installed". Dealer installed, but not factory...26K for a Civic. A F'in Civic. Now that's even more hilarious...for 26K you can get 10X the car...

·
Registered
4,229 Posts
To be honest with you buddy...the things that they installed you can actually do yourself later if you like.

If you're going to be paying that much for the SI why not just get the MUGEN one...I think that will be more of a collectible.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Dealer adding on a bunch of crap. When I took my tC in for service before I traded it they had a white tC with those stupid looking lambo doors, a bunch of hideous vinyl, the scion body kit (nice), leather (bonus but in an ugly color), overweight chrome wheels, the $500 TRD muffler (rip off) and they wanted around $25000 for it. Nothing added for performance, not even the TRD supercharger. Basically you are getting ripped off for stuff like that so they can jack the price up 50% from what you could do it yourself for and claim it will be covered under warranty. It might be if you take it back to them for service. But good luck going to a different Honda dealer when your lambo doors are leaking because they aren't aligned right after 25000 miles.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
actually at my local dealer...they have a BASE civic with a/c installed, better sound system, again heavier rims, tinting, a sri, an aftermarket magnaflow exhaust, and navi. they were selling it for 26k. BEST OF ALL, it had the words "presidential edition", in a chrome like sticker...
i talked to a buddy of mine who worked there and we talked about it. i told him "you know you guys are F***ing people over...right?"

"sure do"

·
Banned
100 Posts
There's a Jackson Racing version of the Si at my local dealership (Diamond Bar Honda). It has the comptech supercharger installed. It's not for sale though.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Lambo doors are a joke IMHO. We have a dealership near mine that does it to pretty much every car they sell. Dodge cars/trucks. Im sure you guys have heard of him, he has a show on A&E... he is "The Chopper" from Towbin Dodge as featured on King of Cars on A&E. He screws people over and they seem to enjoy it. You will have nothing but problems with lambo doors, good thing they come with a warranty...only downfall is that warranty will only be valid at that dealership! If your gonna spend that kinda dough...get the Mugen.

·
Banned
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for all the input guys, I'll admit I hadn't thought of the fact that the mods were simply dealer-installed. I was hoping that this was a special edition sort of package, however, I got the information I needed because I wasn't aware of the Mugen Si (Which IS the kind of thing I was looking for). I'll keep an eye out for that one, thanks for the replies everyone!

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
kristina_kim said:
There's a Jackson Racing version of the Si at my local dealership (Diamond Bar Honda). It has the comptech supercharger installed. It's not for sale though.

thats like saying i have a ford version because its got a chevy motor

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Vegas06si said:
Lambo doors are a joke IMHO. We have a dealership near mine that does it to pretty much every car they sell. Dodge cars/trucks. Im sure you guys have heard of him, he has a show on A&E... he is "The Chopper" from Towbin Dodge as featured on King of Cars on A&E. He screws people over and they seem to enjoy it. You will have nothing but problems with lambo doors, good thing they come with a warranty...only downfall is that warranty will only be valid at that dealership! If your gonna spend that kinda dough...get the Mugen.
Chop is the man!

·
Registered
404 Posts
XYZ123~16&%&110001111101010101000 Can not compute.....:eek:hnoes:

Huh???

kristina_kim said:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts