8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hear conflicting info on this cat install.

Does the random tech cat come with anything originally like gasket, donut gasket or bolts etc?

or do you use stock everything?

Im looking at my stock exhaust which has bolts up to the cat but the cat comes with built in bolts, and the random tech does not so Im assuming you would need bolts and nuts for the cat/exhaust install.

as for the stock header and random tech cat install do I re use the spring bolts and is there an oem gasket that i re use or do i need a different donut gasket for the random tech cat install

thanks

·
Registered
890 Posts
I bought my Random Tech cat used, and I wasn't given a new gasket. But I believe new ones comes with a new gasket. You use the stock bolts and can use the stock gasket. It's tougher to seal though. I'm assuming the stock gasket is thicker than what the Random Tech one would be. All I'm saying is, you can use the stock one if you need to.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cat

you will need bolts for where the Cat goes into the Midpipe Trust me cause you cannot get the factory Cat bolts off
I agree you do need 3 bolts and nuts unless you find the rigt sized bolts to use the stock nuts from oem cat.

but the bolts are welded onto the stock cat thats why you need to buy 3 bolts if you want to use the random tech cat.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.