8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone!

just bought my first honda! 07 2dr EX. love it so far. came from a nice G6.

anyways, i have a few randoms, tried the search, and theres a lot of info out there, just not what i need.

i test drove the SI. im looking for an exhaust, that is maybe slightly louder than the stock SI stuff. i think it was stock, it was at carmax. anyways, it wasnt very loud, but it was audible, and sounded very nice to me. ive had loud exhausts in the past, and i just want something that sounds nice, and pronounced. Not overly loud and obnoxious. Something to let me know she's there when i gun it, and something thats bolt on! Must be a Bolt on.

next, id like to add the xm to my xm ready factory unit. the dealership has no idea what i need...??? i have the premium xm ready setup.

i seem to be hearing a slight rattle from the Driverside window, not loud, but there. Is that normal? does it randomly. I also seem to be hearing a loud thumping noise when cutting the wheel out of a parking lot, something i remember hearing about on here, so i think its normal, but cant find more info.

i dont want to do a ton on this car, but an intake would also be nice. i had injen before, and was very impressed with the sound and performance. i have a stick so the EX/IN will be a nice little upgrade.

other than that, i just wanna get some nice headlight bulbs, and some fogs off ebay to match. Mostly a white tint, doesnt have to have that blue that everyone likes. ive seen some threads on here, i just thought i would ask again.

thats it for now, first post, pretty standard stuff :)

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
1. GReddy Ti-C
2. No idea, sorry
3. These Civics are made in Canada, and seem to be more rattle prone than ones made in Japan. If it still has a dealer warranty, take it in and have them take a look.
4. Injen seems to be popular.
5. Sylvania Ultrastars

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
you can get a stock Si axelback used off of someone on here... or the HFP muffler

those would be the quietest/cheapest

4300k HID kit sounds right for you too

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
exhaust.....greddy ti-c
xm radio...http://www.collegehillshonda.com/honda_civic_2dr_accessories/06_08_civic_electronics.htm , third item down
rattle...i have found that if the windows are down at just a certian point they seem to rattle alot. just roll them up slightly or down a littel more and it should go away.
thumping sound....maybe your bumprstops. there is a TSB for them.

if you get HID's, get OEM ballasts and not a kit, MANY people on here complain about problems with HID kits.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
def not going HID, but thanks for all the replies guys.

im gonna start looking for a greddy ti-c on a 1.8

1 - 10 of 10 Posts