8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
06 civic 223000 kms. Started getting p0301, P0303 and P0300. Also flashing CEL putting it into limp mode. Flashing CEL always clears on restart.
Low compression found on Cly1 due to cracked exhaust valve. Replaced valve and compression tests good. Misfires continue. But now never at idle. Now I only get misfires at specific conditions. Must be 5th gear (manual trans) low rpm about 70kph and very light throttle application. Work done so far:
Replaced coils on 1 and 3 no effect. Replaced plugs all around no effect. Replaced fuel pump and filter, very dirty but no effect.
Cleaned ignitors no effect but car runs great.
Cleaned all the dirty grounds I could find. Reset ECU and throttle position and CKP learn procedure with HDS.
Car also pings now just a little in 5th at low rpm coming off idle with throttle application. Any ideas??? I'm going bonkers.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update. Driving around today monitoring the air-fuel ratio. I normally have 14.7 at idle and under load, but cruising at 70kmph in 5th (and low load in 4th) the ratio drops to 14.0 sometimes 13.9. This is indicating a rich mixture. And this is also when the misfires are occurring. As soon as I put my foot down and put some load on the engine I snap right back to 14.7. What could be the cause of the computer mixing it rich under low load?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts