8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just received a letter in the mail today for a Parking Violation in "Fresno City College" - WTF!? :SHOCKED:

It was cited on 1/16/09 and I have no freaking idea how I was cited for this violation. I was at home with my lil'girl chilling on that day...don't recall being anywhere near that dam area.

The address is:
Fresno City College
P.O. Box 25120
Santa Ana, CA 92799

What can I do and any advise is appreciated.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Damn Tom, random as hell! Wtf... Well, if you asked me, you're gonna have to make some time to fight it at court. Yeah, that sucks and you're wasting your precious time for something you didn't do... But you're better off not paying for it >_<

Other than that... I don't see any other way of solving this problem, unless someone else can chime in. Goodluck

·
Premium Member
8,347 Posts
Tom, its prolly a mistake,..... the dumbaass parking cop was prolly off by one digit/letter on the license plate and it randomly came out to yours. I seen it happen before in jersey.
Definately fight it.

·
Registered
323 Posts
There should be a phone number on your parking violation ticket, call it and confirm with the parking citation office..good luck

·
Registered
226 Posts
yeah usually they take down the license plate number and the car model and year etc. they do that at UCI but i ono fresno state might be kinda different. you should be able to fight this.

·
Registered
310 Posts
it's possible that it was either sent to the wrong house or that someone through it in ur mail box. did the info in the ticket match ur plate info?

·
Registered
476 Posts
But you're better off not paying for it >_<
Except when you don't pay it that $20 parking violating becomes $75 and you can't register your car until it is paid.

Usually you have to write a letter of why you are contesting the ticket to the parking enforcement agency which doesn't gaurentee them removing the fine.

I got stuck paying a $30 parking ticket for parking in a 2 hour zone, for an hour and 15 min.

·
Premium Member
4,294,967,295 Posts
Fight it man,the worst that can happen is that you have to pay it,but if you were not even there and can prove that then I see no reason why you would have to pay. Good luck.:cheerleader:

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks everyone for your input.

The license plate info match, but it did not list the color of my car and the violation is "ORD-3A".

I tried calling them and constantly getting a VM that their office are open from 8AM to 5PM (3 attempts so far since 8:30 AM this morning)

Anyone care to try?

(714) 432-6169 or (800) 273-6488

·
Registered
4,771 Posts
The address is:
Fresno City College
P.O. Box 25120
Santa Ana, CA 92799
is that the address where the violation was at?? or is that the address where you have to send the money to?? because they should at least have the make/model and color of you car. it could just be someone trying to make money off of you. what is the due date for your payment?? also, when things like this happens, don't use your phone to call that number; use a different number.

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Well we WERE in Fresno but not on the 16th. So either someone cited you on the 31st and for some reason accidentally put 16th or there's something goofy going on with their system.

·
Registered
476 Posts
I've gotten parking tickets at and at the bottom they sometimes say "Not enforced by ________ city" and it is usually a private company. Then I throw it away.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts