8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

Ran motor without intake...

2K views 21 replies 16 participants last post by  SIporfavor 
#1 ·
Ok...so I was doing a subwoofer install and after I finished, I got so excited that I forgot to put the intake back on (took it out to drill through firewall). I ran the car in my garage for about 10 minutes, and then realized what I had done. I feel very stupid, but that's life. My question is do I need to do anything or take any precautions after this, or will everything be just fine? Also, the MAF sensor wasn't plugged in.

#5 ·
My garage IS a saw mill...man, that sucks. so what do I do now??? J/K
Yeah, I figured that's the case...just wanted to make sure! The worst part is I put masking tape over the intake tube so dust wouldn't get in, and luckily that just ripped open and no tape got inside...

#12 ·
ul be fine.. but the thing i dont get or cant grasp very well is people's sense of humor. lool/ sarcasm isnt cool anymore.. ppl got ****** up sens of humor these days.. o well but ur car is good aslong u werent in a gravel area nd had dirt or debris flying everywhere. ur good.

#13 ·
lol yeah.

you might get paranoid and when you go drive it and some very
little minor things happen your like "i hope thats not from that one time"

haha i was very paranoid when i heard my suspension pop except really
loud when i was trying to catch up with traffic redlining. Then i started hearing
little noise or think that it took more gas to move and such.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.