8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all,

New around here, and kind of new to Civics. Have been driving my FA5 for about a year and a half, a little over 40k miles (205k->245k). Anyways, I'm beginning to do some motorsports activities with it, and am interested in doing Rallycross. I've seen a few posts about it, but they're mostly older, and they don't really go anywhere. I've wanted to get into RallyX for a little while, but was always nervous about doing it in the Si. But, I had a revelation at the Pick-n-Pull the other day, when I was getting something off of an LX - it's entire front strut assembly was sitting in the driver's seat. I thought, hey, I could just get a second set of front assemblies, new rear shocks (and potentially springs), and swap them on whenever I wanted to Rally Cross! I know offroad driving would put stress on other parts of the suspension and car, but springs & shocks seems like they'd take the brunt of it. It would also be nice to raise the car a couple of inches, just for a little more suspension travel, and a little more room for some more aggressive tires.

So, what I'm wondering is, is there a relatively easy way to get a little more height out of the suspension? Unfortunately, I don't believe there was an SUV or van based on the 8th gen, but, I'm wondering if an HR-V might be close enough. Anyone familiar with what other cars might have their strut assemblies easily bolt up to ours, or would have taller springs? Could I get a base strut setup, and perhaps find a taller spring for it (and maybe a longer strut, if needed)? Hoping to use stuff that I could find in a salvage yard, not trying to be cheap, but not trying to spend a ton of money either. Let me know if you have any ideas about how to make this happen!

Edit: Should I post this in the Suspension/Chassis section? Doesn't seem to be a lot of traffic in this area...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You know, ever since the CR-V started using the K24, I figured it became more closely related to the Accord, but apparently, it's still related to the Civic. Probably too different to work, but, worth a shot. Unfortunately, for some reason, 3rd gen CR-Vs ('07~'11) don't exist in pick'n'pull yards around here, so I don't have an easy way to test-fit. Maybe one will show up soon.

·
Registered
197 Posts
You could try this:

Came across the idea looking to reduce the amount of lowering for performance springs

1 - 4 of 4 Posts