8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys, I know that the rain gutters are normally just popped onto the roof of the car, how do i take it out (i know just pop it off right)

what i meant is, if anyone has ever done this or know the exact spots to pull

i want to know this because I will be wrapping my roof next week with black vinyl, if anyone wants to help on that too let me know... but the most important thing is how do i detach the rain gutter temporarily?

i have a coupe btw... if it makes any difference =D thanks

**edit here is an example

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=735313

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anyone have any ideas? do u think i can just shove a screwdriver in and pop it up? maybe?

·
Premium Member
13,469 Posts
not sure?, but im going to be pulling mine off too.

·
Premium Member
13,469 Posts
rain gutter???????????? are you talkin about ur house or ur car?
the black strips that catch the water and carry them across the roof, also keep you from getting DRENCHED whole turning after a rainstorm.

removing these channels should be fairly straightforward?, i used to remove them all the time at the bodyshop, but often the clips would break. but that's on the older civics.

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
very surprising that there are no clips at the back... ill have to see when i pry it off.. maybe some double sided tape to put it back..

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well me and portabuddy looked into it, and u have to some how remove the clips from the front and probably slide the back out... so i ended up not removing it dont want to break off the clips since i dont have time to go replace them and dont know if honda will sell them seperately

·
Registered
35,569 Posts
honda sells everything separately

i did the a mod ones, and they sold the bolt separate from the nut...

really, u dont think i'd need the nut if i bought the bolt :facepalm:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts