8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, Houston tx....random weather here..it was freaking sunny and as soon as i get off of work its pouring rain! The problem is that that plastic thing that covers over the wheel and like intake (cold air intake i have) flew out thanks to the dummies at bluewave. So this is what i was afraid of....so it was raining hard...and my car starts to stall.....and im wtf....please dont mess up....so this was around 8pm....and so i made it to my friends....i was gonna stay there till tomorrrow morning...but my parents made me come home...so my car just turns off!

So my car wont start....and its still raining! So its about 10:35pm and i started pushing my car...and then cop comes up behind me and told me i ahve 20 min to get a tow truck...so i called up someone and was able to tow it home. So i was wondering if you guys can help me!

So far...like power (electric) is dying like lights and stuff....so i think its the alternator...im assuming and the battery. Anyone gone throught what i did?

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Yes, i drove threw a puddly that i could not see.. My car didn't start till the morning, i took it into Honda and they oil pan had tons of water in it... hope yours doesn't but from what your saying... "stalling, car just shuts off" is the same thing that happed to me.

good luck :(

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, i drove threw a puddly that i could not see.. My car didn't start till the morning, i took it into Honda and they oil pan had tons of water in it... hope yours doesn't but from what your saying... "stalling, car just shuts off" is the same thing that happed to me.

good luck :(
So...how much did it cost for you
and was it fiiixable?

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
So...how much did it cost for you
and was it fiiixable?
i needed a new motor, insurance took care of it.

$7500-8000 if they dont charge as much for the install

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Damn! Thats a crap load! How did insurance take care of it?

Like warranty on the car? oh man...i dont have warranty anymore

·
Registered
5,543 Posts
Hydrolocked. Shouldn't have ever drove without that cover and a CAI. Sorry dude but that's your own dumb mistake.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Hydrolocked. Shouldn't have ever drove without that cover and a CAI. Sorry dude but that's your own dumb mistake.
it happens, live and learn

·
Registered
406 Posts
What kind of insurance do you have? Do you pay an extra premium for extra coverage (for aftermarket parts)?

Depending on your insurance company, they may frown upon the installation of an aftermarket part and not cover you.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Honda told them the car was in a flood, :) and i have flood insurance

·
Registered
881 Posts
OP..... If you did not drive through deep standing water, it is not hydrolocked. You probably sprayed water all over your engine compartment driving without inner fenders. Open your hood and let it sit in the sun. Cange your oil and look for water(just in case).

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
What kind of insurance do you have? Do you pay an extra premium for extra coverage (for aftermarket parts)?

Depending on your insurance company, they may frown upon the installation of an aftermarket part and not cover you.
Honda told them the car was in a flood, :) and i have flood insurance
I have everything on my insurance policy...dont know about aftermarket parts....i doubt it. But update on this. one of my friends dad i a mechanic hes gooing to take it to his house and run a diganostic on a the computer to see whats wrong...he just warned me not to turn on the car cuz it will f up my pistons

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
OP..... If you did not drive through deep standing water, it is not hydrolocked. You probably sprayed water all over your engine compartment driving without inner fenders. Open your hood and let it sit in the sun. Cange your oil and look for water(just in case).
Yeah! Exactly what im thinking i didnt run through water..i think i sprayed some water and what not. They(my friend and his dad a mechanic) are going to dry everything on the engine bay since its still raining as we speak wchich is fail!

So i hope everything works out great...thanks dude.

and for everyone please put your feedback it helps :) thanks for the support

By the way my car's name is Casey lol

·
Premium Member
37,355 Posts
i know you were redlining thru them puddles having fun like a muh fuka, dude sorry to hear that but if your motors filled with water (and not dmged just yet) you should remove the coils and plugs and fuel pump fuse/relay. let the parts dry and crank the motor with those parts out to remove any water for compression fix.

and if youve got fulll insurance (comprehensive) it should cover that damage.

I was jk about the redlning, sorry to hear your going thru this.

-vic

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Good news

So my car got fixed...circuits fixed and water a tad bit was in my spark plugs...go it changed and stuff...shes running like new

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.