8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever had a problem with radio static when you turn the rear defroster on? It wasn't until this morning when I turned the defroster on and noticed the static. I turned it off, and the static went right away.

I played around with it a little longer and same problem. Only got static when the defroster was on...

Any ideas what it might be? I just got the car a couple of days ago too

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Is there also static when you are listening to a CD? The antenna is built into the window just like the defroster. It is possible it is interfering with the signal. I have never noticed this with mine, but I never payed close attention.

·
Premium Member
13,469 Posts
i got my rear window tinted they acted like total asshats and now im living with it...

its the tinters that or you damaged the rear defoger... if there is a tiny break it arcs across and causes the static...

also note that it only does it when the car is runnings(at any rpm)

blasted tint king gerrrrrrrrrrrrrr.....

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll check out the rpm's but I tested it when I was driving and still got the static.

No tint on the windows guys. The car is a week old and I never noticed it until now.

Is this something the dealership can fix if its one of the rear defoger bars that is broken?

·
Registered
934 Posts
Well i get the static but my windows is tinted. I live with it cause im not taking off the tint. Now if yours is not tinted , i wonder what the dealer is going to tell you.

Is only the radio not the cd play back. Keep us informed.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes it is only the radio, not the CD player. I am going to call the dealer today and see what they say. Like I said before the car is brand newe and I just noticed the problem the other day when I turned the rear defroster on.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had the issue with radio static when the defroster was on. The delaership told me the only way to resolve the issue is to replace the back windshield.

They did replace my windshield under warranty and the issue went away. If you decide to do this, be careful. The Tech who did the job had scratched the frame of the car where the windshield sits down to the metal.

They had to send the car to a detailing place to repair the damage.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts