8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of any ways to increase the reception... Quite sad, that on a new 2006 Honda Civic the reception is so bad... My accord gets better and its a few years old...

Any thoughts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Audirs4 said:
Does anyone know of any ways to increase the reception... Quite sad, that on a new 2006 Honda Civic the reception is so bad... My accord gets better and its a few years old...

Any thoughts
Prolly partially due to the antenna being built-in to the rear windshield.

Will also be a factor due to the head unit itself and any weather conditions. I am sure you could disconnect the stock antenna and install an aftermarket one!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Other than the test drive I've never had mine on FM... I'll have to see how good mine is.

·
Registered
12 Posts
it can be because you were driving between the FM zones?

I assume it can't be worth than 7th gen?

If you install after market, get the BMW euro style, it is cool.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Wow. I was just thinking about how good the reception was when I picked up my civic. I had an 04 Maxima for awhile that also had the radio antenna in the rear glass. If you think the civic's reception is bad, be thankfull your not in a Nissan with the same setup. The reception really was poor with the maxima. The stations that did come in often werent quite strong enough for the best sound quality too. I went through the dial in the civic and was pretty amazed at all the stations it was picking up. I live about 45min north of Philly, and only got the major Philly stations in the Nissan, a lot of em just barely strong enough to be worth while. The civic picks up all those AND a lot of NYC stations and all come in fine.

·
Banned
7,824 Posts
There was a similar problem on the last gen of cars (or was it the 6th gen?) where the first few cars had radio reception problems, that turned out to be nothing more than a bad antennae/wire. It's worth taking it to the dealer.

I don't get the whole antennae in the window craze. I have two antennaes on my Legend, one's in the back window and the other is a standard extendable pole antennae. The two work together to pick up the best reception possible, but all of the single antennae cars with them just in the back window seem to suck at decent reception.

·
Registered
236 Posts
are any of the cars with bad reception tinted? if so that could be at least part of it. almost all automotive tint on the market are a metalic film which screws with radio reception,autostart range etc. just a thought and a tip companies like llumar make non-metalic dyed films that wont do that it would be a good choice for 06 civics

·
Registered
161 Posts
For the past week on my 06 EX Coupe, the reception has been good. My favorite station is bad, but it has always beeen bad reception which sucks. I am seriously thinking of upgrading to XM. Maybe sometime in January?

·
Registered
49 Posts
I am very pleased with the radio and the reception that I get on am/fm. I love having the aux input so that I can play my iPod! It's great not to have to carry cds around!

·
Registered
187 Posts
I live in SF and drive throughout the bay area. Reception seems ok only and is definitely better in some areas than others but it seems like the old style metal antennas work better? I think it would physically make sense that they do but hey, I'm not a scientist.

My family has a 97 acura tl with the mastless antenna and it gets somewhat poor reception too.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Hey guys, I've been searching the forum for answers but still haven't found any. Lately my 07 Si Sedan been getting bad reception for the radio. Does anyone know where its located? I heard its on the rear window but I can't find it.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Hey guys, I've been searching the forum for answers but still haven't found any. Lately my 07 Si Sedan been getting bad reception for the radio. Does anyone know where its located? I heard its on the rear window but I can't find it.
The grid antenna is located on the rear window. It'll be the first 5 lines from the top. If you look closely, you'll see it's separate from the rear defrost grid. The antenna grid amplifier is located in the upper passenger side of the rear window. There's a black plastic cover over it. Make sure the connection are secure.

http://civic.hondafitjazz.com/A00/HTML/00/SNB6E00J10300000000FAAT01.html#i100

1 - 17 of 17 Posts