8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Canadian 2008 Si. I just installed skunk2 CAI which many of you may know requires replacing the upper rad hose. So after everything we start the car and start monitoring the coolant, topping it up, squeezing rad hoses to get the air out. No more bubbles, everything seems normal. Then we noticed the temp started climbing slightly, nothing concerning, no it didn't over temp. Just a couple bars over half/normal. So we connect my laptop and start datalogging. We let the car idle until we reached 210°F ECT 1, fan would not come on. We checked all connections and ground. Even relocated ground, still no fan. Eventually I found an option through hondata that said 'Allow secondary ECT to operate radiator fan' I unticked the box to disable that option and reflashed. Fan now works as it is supposed to. I am aware that factory tuning has ECT2 control the rad fan so my question is. Should I be concerned it's not turning my fan on? It is reading temps because my datalog is recording both ECT1 and ECT2. It just seems to not be controlling my fan anymore. I'm okay with leaving it as is but if anyone knows better or highly recommends I look into it further i would greatly appreciate the input

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hello -

I believe I have the same issue (2006 US Si). However I haven't unchecked the option in my calibration to see if "normal" behavior returns. I'll try that and report back when I can. Too bad it just turned to winter here...it could be hard to test!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is under the Misc. tab and the bottom option if you're having trouble finding it. I'm in Canada so I know what you mean. I spent about 20 minutes waiting for the fan to come on even though the engine was already hot.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts