1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Racing Harnesses question (pics)

This piqued my curiosity:

Takata shows this picture on their safety harness installation guide:

And so I was wondering if it is alright to install a 4-point harness on stock si seats. Apparantly, its ok to install one on a normal seat as shown in the installation guide (http://www.takataracingproducts.com/guide.html).

Does anybody have pictures of their Si (with stock seats or any kind of seat without belt holes under the headrest) with racing harnesses?

Edit
Here are some more pics exemplifying my question:

Acura NSX:

Mazda Miata:

Audi Quattro:

Alfa Romeo GTV:

Acura Integra Type-R:

2001 Subaru Impreza:

Lotus Elise?:

??????:

BMW ??:

Apparently, the Schroth Rally series harnesses are ideal for street auto events, like autocross and road racing (track):
http://www.teamsoloracer.com/reviews/schrothrallye4.php

what do you guys think?

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Looks like someone is prepping for SoW. Too bad I don't know much about the topic. I guess you're going to get serious with tracking huh? Personally, I wouldn't do it to stock seats, but that would only be because I think it might look a little ricey unless you get some racing seats too. But if it works and you can't afford (or don't want) new seats, then yeah dude... whatever floats your boat. I haven't seen anyone on the forum that has harnesses on their stock seats, but maybe I'm not looking in the right place.

BTW, how was the last meeting? I had to study for midterms so I didn't go. You going to be at the [email protected] show right?

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks like someone is prepping for SoW. Too bad I don't know much about the topic. I guess you're going to get serious with tracking huh? Personally, I wouldn't do it to stock seats, but that would only be because I think it might look a little ricey unless you get some racing seats too. But if it works and you can't afford (or don't want) new seats, then yeah dude... whatever floats your boat. I haven't seen anyone on the forum that has harnesses on their stock seats, but maybe I'm not looking in the right place.

BTW, how was the last meeting? I had to study for midterms so I didn't go. You going to be at the [email protected] show right?
yeah im gonna participate in the [email protected] show. i wish i hadnt washed my car so it would win the 'most dirty' award haha. i didnt go to tuesday's meeting either because i had a midterm too. apparantly, they went over engines parts and some quick stuff for track day. im going to go buy a racing helmet from the bell store in costa mesa tomorrow :)

im not really interested in the harnesses on the stock seats because im getting racing seats in the future, but i am getting harnesses soon, so id just like to know if they worked on the stock seats just for our track day :thumb:

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
im going to go buy a racing helmet from the bell store in costa mesa tomorrow :)

im not really interested in the harnesses on the stock seats because im getting racing seats in the future, but i am getting harnesses soon, so id just like to know if they worked on the stock seats just for our track day :thumb:
Bell Store? What's that? If you have the helmet at the show, let me take a look. If you don't have it with you, then it's all good too. Just curious about what it looks like. I might go for track day next year. I'm starting to get a little interested. But yeah, harnesses should be helpful for tracking though.

Hey... We rolling in at 9 am right? Is it going to be hard or easy to get in the lot? Should I leave a little before 9 or arrive later or does it not matter? Just wanted to know since you went last year.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bell Store? What's that? If you have the helmet at the show, let me take a look. If you don't have it with you, then it's all good too. Just curious about what it looks like. I might go for track day next year. I'm starting to get a little interested. But yeah, harnesses should be helpful for tracking though.

Hey... We rolling in at 9 am right? Is it going to be hard or easy to get in the lot? Should I leave a little before 9 or arrive later or does it not matter? Just wanted to know since you went last year.
the bell store sells Bell brand racing helmets. visit their website and check it out. i think roll in is 930 am, but show up at 9ish. if i got extra money next quarter, go tracking with us and we'll compete for times :)

as for the rest of 8thcivic, my harness question is still unanswered. post up those pics or give me your input!! :thumb: (ugh, i know im going to called a ricer for posting this thread up)

·
Partymember 101
445 Posts
I believe Berlinas, the ROTM winner a month or two ago, has a racing harnass, or did? Might be selling it in the mad part-out.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Ricey or not, I'm interested in 1) Putting in 4-point harnesses 2) Keeping the stock seats. . . I used to drive a tank, which was safe, and for what I save in gas, I don't want to lose in safety. Anyone know anything about some good 4-point belts to use?

** Heard a story about a mom and son who went over a bridge in an SUV and she went to the hospital while the tot walked away. The difference? The kid was in his carseat with the 4-point belts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts